The Audi Dream is Over

CaesarBob

Reaction score
So, after a thrilling 4mths of Audi waiting/ 4mths of ownership (6wks of which was at a dealership) my rejection has finally been agreed.

Looks like I should have followed my instincts and not been tempted away from Bavaria.

Thanks for the hospitality and to quote Douglas Adams:
"So long, and thanks for all the fish"

Reactions: veeeight
Sorry to hear of your problems....obviously been built at the start of the shift on a Monday, or the end of the shift at the end of the week! :eek:

No, not an S3, just a regular A3 Sline.

As above really, just got unlucky with a Friday afternoon car.

Had problems with the adaptive cruise which regularly has issues with the pre-sense rendering it useless, the sat nav which could only pin-point your location within about 200yards of your actual location and most worryingly the steering which got stuck around dead ahead. Most noticeable on the m-way when making minor inputs to keep within a lane. Nothing happened initially then with a greater force it would over correct and you'd end up weaving down the road.

After 3 visits to the dealer spanning a total of 6wks, they replaced the sat nav aerial, all canbus cabling, 2ecu's and the screen and control module in the glovebox (apparently about £3.5k in parts). That, eventually fixed the sat nav, but not the other problems.

Dealer admitted they didn't know what the problem was, all they could do was replace parts systematically until they "got lucky". Doing 2-3k miles a month on the m-way, that is just not acceptable.

So, bye bye Audi.

Can't you reject the car?

I know in America they have like a lemon law where if the car is a lemon you can reject it and get a new car