Tested ... 220km/h for A3 2.0 TDi

roberto

Reaction score
Hi again all...
The drive back from Italy to Germany (I live near Chemnitz - the land of the best autobahns) was very satisfying. With 800km's on the clock departing Como Italy, the drive through Switzerland was sedate, so with 1200km's logged leaving Switzerland I deemed it was ok to stretch this little number to the max... 220km/h (at 4100rpm) was no problem and I'm sure it could pull 225 or 230 down a slope, but who's counting! The exciting event of the day was the high-beamed beast rapidly approaching as I was passing some slower cars at 210km/h on a nice 3 lane stretch of Autobahn near Frankfurt. The RS6 Avant was doing the business and surely with it's limiter off as his vacuum shook me big time. It seems these big autobahn crushers just demand respect and have the right to drive with headlights and indicators blaring. But then what would he do if a Porsche Turbo did to him what he did to me!?
So 6 days old, well groomed and looking like new, the little black baby did well, even if only judged by the numerous second glances.
Over.

Sorry ... wouldn't have a clue ... I don't even know Vilseck!