Terminal Velocity

I have come across this event before. Quite amazing how you can get to 225mph in a mile and a half. But I suppose 1400bhp in the back of a 997 helps.
If it was closer for me I might give it a go for a laugh.

Reactions: TripleD
Anyone tried launch control yet?

I tried to get it to work in the demo car I had but never really managed it properly. It seemed to be fighting against the brakes the whole time and would hunch down because the transmission hadn't disengaged or whatever it does. In my old A4 it would do that if the launch wasn't engaging properly, if it was working then there would be no movement or 'pull' from the car when you push the accelerator.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone manages it. I had it in Dynamic with the ESC turned to sport, when this didn't work I turned it off like you had to do in my old car but still didn't seem to work properly.

All that said, I did manage to hold it on the brakes long enough to build boost before taking off and managed to get my passenger to video the speedo at the time (badly). Looking at the footage the 0-62 mph time is just a shade over 4 seconds as measured with a timer, consistently getting 4.1-4.3 seconds. Certainly faster than the 4.9s quoted for the Avant.