1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q7 Tailgate Opening

Detritus22 Apr 28, 2018

1. Detritus22

Detritus22 New Member

Hi,

New to the forum and ownership and was just looking for some feedback on other owners experiences.

When I hold down the tailgate opening button on my keyfob there is a succession of loud clicks maybe 5 or 6 then the tailgate will open. Just wondering if this is normal or if i have something wrong with the mechanism ?

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. sschwar2

sschwar2 New Member

What year? My 2015 does not do that.

4. Detritus22

Detritus22 New Member

Its a 56 plate

5. Geordie Lee

Geordie Lee Active Member

Nope neither does mine 2013 plate. Sounds like an issue with the motors or catch/lock mechanism

6. Detritus22

Detritus22 New Member

In the garage today to get some other things sorted, mentioned the problem so will see what they come back with.

7. Geordie Lee

Oh gosh..Audi garage, under warranty?

8. Detritus22

Detritus22 New Member

Luckily not an Audi garage but the dealer that we bought it from sorting out some problems.

9. Geordie Lee

Okay. Audi have introduced a £60.00 review fee which is not deductible from the invoice..would be interested to know what this issue is..

10. Detritus22

Detritus22 New Member

Garage have come back saying it needs a new latch and are replacing it for us as within the 2 months of the sale.