Suspension choices

Neil nl

Reaction score
I have a 2007 8p 2.0 Tfsi Quattro and i am getting it remaped next month to stage 1.
With the remapping I should have about 260-270bhp,
So I will have S3 power and as it already has the haldex system and engine (admittedly not the same turbo) and 18 inch wheels,
Then basically I'm counting it as a "sleeper" S3 but.........
Suspension???

Recently one of my rear springs broke and i am wondering what i should replace it with .
Obviously i have to change at least both rear springs but as i search the net i am finding so many options that I'm getting lost in the possibilities.
Now this isn't a track day car it's my daily driver but something a bit firmer wouldn't be a bad thing.

What would your advice be ??

Thanks.

Any Quattro or 4motion suspension will work on your car from the PQ35 platform ....

So you could even have S3 springs and shocks on your car if you wanted .... Although the springs might be different for 4/5 door vs 2/3 door ....

Apparently eibach make a good kit for these cars .... Front and rear springs .... I may fit mine this week .... I'm waiting for time to do it ....

Here's an idea ....

If your car is S-Line get S3 rear springs and fit tt upper rubber spring pads ....

Shouldn't drop the car any if at all if you fit tt pads .... But the stiffer rear springs will reduce understeer .... If you have aftermarket sway bars, don't do this.

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

I have been looking at the Eibach as one of the main options.
And I would like OEM S3 stuff but like you said i don't know if it would be ok to use as I have a sportback.
But not an s-line.
And i am not planning to lower it as I have 18inch wheels then I would also need to change the plastic inside the wheel arches.

I have been looking at the Eibach as one of the main options.
And I would like OEM S3 stuff but like you said i don't know if it would be ok to use as I have a sportback.
But not an s-line.
And i am not planning to lower it as I have 18inch wheels then I would also need to change the plastic inside the wheel arches.
Eibach barely lowers it .... And some say improves the Comfort .... I have yet to see.

But you could just get S3 sportback springs .... those would fit with tt perches.

And get S-Line springs for the front .... Then that would be like an OEM setup that wasn't too low at all.

Also the way to find springs is by the color code dots on the springs .... Thats how to find the part numbers ....

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

Send @DPM a PM and he will help you with your set up as thats his main job and can supply the things you would need

Reactions: DPM and Neil nl