Superchip bluefin

Quite like the idea of doing it at home...... but what about the locked ecu's? Not a problem for me but newer cars are having trouble with maps so are going down the box route.

You can get your unit reset for £225 , you don't need to return it . Thats a cheaper option ..

Had a Bluefin on my A3 1.8TFSI 8P thought it was really good.

It doesn't appear optimised to gearbox or fuel octane hence the numbers aren't as high as other maps available but for convenience and price ......

almost OT, but I had the bluefin stage 1 on my GTi mk6 manual and really liked it, unlike other stage 1, it behaved like the factory tune, just stronger through the rev range, but it was the increases in the torque, that made the GTi come alive.

Had a bluefin on my focus and it certainly made a difference to the performance and the noise the exhaust made. I still have the device and I am waiting for superchips to release the map for my car as it is around £225. It is really easy to upload the map then return it to the original one as in the process of remapping the ecu it takes a copy of your vehicles version...

Reactions: SPARTAN91 and Rob2k68
I really do not like superchips as a company, the maps ive seen for them are horrific. Personal opinion.

I asked them about compatibility with the newest S3 ECUs, said they are going to wait until people try it and refund if it doesn't work.

Might be a silly question or has been ask before ?. Can Audi tell that the ECU firmware has changed ?. I ask regards the warranty!

Might be a silly question or has been ask before ?. Can Audi tell that the ECU firmware has changed ?. I ask regards the warranty!
simply - yes

Reactions: Bittern
Yes I guess it is possible but the bluefin modifies the original map, then I guess if the original map is put back on then it's more difficult to tell, which is what the bluefin is for.

Yes I guess it is possible but the bluefin modifies the original map, then I guess if the original map is put back on then it's more difficult to tell, which is what the bluefin is for.
all of that is true, except on my GTI at least, the ECU counter wasn't reset - so it was the counter the dealer paid attention to, not the fact the original engine map was back on the car.

How about the piggy-back box that comes from TDI-Tuning ?. Which plugs in rather than "flashing" the ECU. Yet again can Audi tell that this was used after unplugging it ?

As I said unless they actually look or a td1 came up, what raised their suspicions so that they had a closer look at yours and was it a bluefin?
http://www.revotechnik.com/support/sales/is-revo-software-undetectable
yes it was a bluefin, the dealer was plugged the car in to fix an ac problem and noticed the ecu counter, the car had the standard map on at the time.

from conversations I had with bluefin, on the mk5 GTI, when the orginal map was put back on, the ecu counter was reset, on the mk6, the ecu counter wasn't.

Would that not be different from the ECU as fitted to the 8v though, as we are on that forum, and seeing that different ECU's do or do not reset the counter. I guess what would really need is experiences with the relevent ecu and the bluefin but unfortunately they still don't do one for my car.