Super Sport seats

jaypers777

Reaction score
Apologies in advance as I am fairly new to this forum. I have ordered my S3 with the uprated seats. Not seen too much about them on this group.......are they a fairly popular option?

TIA.

They are a beautiful option, and I think they're popular

People love them mate, expensive though :)

Nice seats but I needed to be able to get my disabled mother in my S3, so they were not an option fo rme. Having had an Evo X with full Recaro's before I bought my S3 as well, I found those to be a little too "huggy" on longer trips (but great for a bit of sporty driving). All depends what you use the car for really. The standard seats in all honesty are not that bad

If you do change your mind though, do spec the electric lumbar support on the standard seats, that really is as must.

I probably wouldn't have gotten the sports seats if it wasn't for the fact that they come as part of the performance pack here in Oz. It would have worked out to be more expensive to have taken everything else from the PP and paid individually, rather than just getting the pack, so I am having them. I actually prefer the look of the standard seats.......

For me it's a no Brainer. Ever since the S3 was released I've loved the look of them.
For me it was toying with the options of tech pack or SSS. SSS won in the end as I have all the tech already on my phone which I need and don't require when driving!

How can one not like them ?
Image 1

Reactions: daydotz and monopole
I'm probably the only one that doesn't like them lol
They look like the inside of a stitched coat

I prefer the standard leather seats

Reactions: echo_mike, antowens and steeve
Would loved to have ordered them but Mrs Pulp has a slight leather allergy so had to go down the alacantra route :(

I think I would feel as tho' I was somewhat cheated with these seats as your own getting half a super sports seat IMHO

The base's (the bit you sit on) are the same as the standard S3 seats -

Now if they had the quilted bases like the new TT seats has, well that could be another matter ...

TTS140011_large-630x386.jpg

BUT still I do like the S3 SS seats :thumbs up:

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

Reactions: Ceho
You can also get the Audi coat to match the seats!!! :p

279775_main

Reactions: CallumRead96 and Ceho
Personal taste but they do block vision for rear seat passengers.

Reactions: tektrob
They aren't sports seats. Nowhere near it.
They may look slightly better, but the standard seats do the same job as far as driving goes and they can be had in Alcantara so I had the standard. The differences in how the two seats perform once sat in them are un-noticeable.
Definitely a case of style over function IMO.

I've got proper sports seats in my forthcoming RS5.

I'm probably the only one that doesn't like them lol
They look like the inside of a stitched coat

I prefer the standard leather seats

+1 to that, I really like the regular seats, and find the Alcantara quite grippy so you don't slide about too much! Didn't really like the quilted look of the sss.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3 and echo_mike
Or you could put rs5 seats In your a3/s3 on Instagram there's a member called rs4tdi that owns a bagged s3 s3 xxy and that's what he's used, I know because I've asked him and it's a gorgeous car he's got

Or you could put rs5 seats In your a3/s3 on Instagram there's a member called rs4tdi that owns a bagged s3 s3 xxy and that's what he's used, I know because I've asked him and it's a gorgeous car he's got
Pics? :think:

(Ain't got Instagram :()

Now that's a proper sports seat!

Not too sure about the interior colour or the wheels however.
Got to admire the commitment though!

He looks fairly young late 20s early 30s also has a R8 and rs6 got to admire his collection tbh

He looks fairly young late 20s early 30s also has a R8 and rs6 got to admire his collection tbh

As far as I know, he was injured somehow and got a shed load of compensation for being confined to a wheelchair. Don't know if that'd the full story or even true at all mind, just what someone had told me

As far as I know, he was injured somehow and got a shed load of compensation for being confined to a wheelchair. Don't know if that'd the full story or even true at all mind, just what someone had told me

It would explain the bungalow in the background

Seats and wheels are incredible. Each to their own however....

As for super sports, I was all for them until I test drove - virtually identical to the normal seats, don't hug properly, and have the same seat base?! I don't see why they didn't do them properly like in other models. So glad I didn't order without sitting in them.

That S3 is lower than a snakes belly! :eek: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Interior is gorgeous, not so sure on gold wheels tho' :think:

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

I think it's nice too the boot has all the airbag cylinder and sound system, looks rly nice

Heated but manual adjustment. ..but electric bolster

Reactions: FBF01
Can't find this anywhere. But are the super sport seats heated and electrically adjustable? Thanks
Mine are heated, I think that's standard. Not electrically adjustable but with electric lumbar adjustment in my case.

Reactions: FBF01
I love them , they are perfect for me

I like them, although they are reminiscent of a cobra's hood :)

I started this thread (long forgotten). So glad I have the SS Seats. They look amazing and are incredibly comfortable. Great to pair with mono.pur :yum:

Reactions: xBox
Delighted I chose them and it was the first thing I specced. Actually worked everything round s tronic and sss ha. Not gone for the mono pur but ah well