Struggling with Audi Connect terminology!

Dave Cornwell

Reaction score
Elderly I may be now but I consider myself a technophile having worked with PC's since their inception, built my own PC's, fixed other people's and never seemed to have too many problems with Smartphones etc. Now I have only had my brand new Audi A3 Sportback a day but I'm struggling a bit! The manual is a hotch potch of all sorts of versions and options so not sure what I've actually got. I am assuming, as I have the Sport version with no additional infotainment options, that I have the basic MMI system. I believe I have a free three month trial of Audi Connect though but it all seems a bit vague. All the dealer did was paired my phone which obviously I could have done myself. So I've registered with my Audi and successfully added my car but the only options available in the account are the Audi Store, Service Options, some pretty basic videos like how to open the bonnet! and that's about it. I was expecting options to do with mapping, POI's etc. Perhaps I've got a bit dim now I am a pensioner, I don't know. Anyone know what I should be able to have access to?
Thanks,
Dave.

Reactions: QED69, Audi Bairn and AndrewB
I too have the same car but have connect working! From memory, once you have registered your car with "my audi" (possibly you receive a pin at that stage or soon after) you have to go to the mmi in the vehicle and link the car to the "my audi account" - although the below links may be slightly out of date, they give good info on what to do

Reactions: Dave Cornwell
This might help:

https://my.audi.com/content/dam/myaudi/brochures/quickstart/quick-start-guide-en.pdf

You need to link your car to "my Audi" by entering a PIN into the MMI in the car.

It is actually very confusing. There is "my Audi" where you can log in and see the Audi Connect services:

https://login.audi.com/login/#/en/GB/home

and then this is another portal "your Audi" which shows the full configuration of the car (which is not shown in "my Audi").

https://www.audi.co.uk/youraudi/youraudi-login.html#/account/login

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Cornwell and Audi Bairn
I haven't had to enter the pin in my car, I'm logged in already and can access everything as far as I'm aware although the app says No connection to vehicle possible!

Aha - Svenedin may have found the problem! I successfully logged in to "My Audi" before I had the car to track the order. Now I have the car it lets me add it via the reg no. but the options are different and it does say "Your AUdi " at the top so perhaps this is a different portal. How ridiculous! I will try and create another login at the other "My Audi" site! This is my current screenshot (full reg. obscured) which clearly isn't the one I want.
My Audi Screenshot

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Bingo! Thank you Svenedin. You were absolutely right. Audi, in their wisdom have a portal called "My Audi" which they suggest you join to track your order and one or two other trivial things which you can partly see in the screen shot like the basic "How to" videos and their store. The other one is the one for "Connect" and using the link above it has worked exactly as it should and how it was supposed to. Now if you just registered to check your order or you just registered for "connect" you would probably never have been confused but if you needed both as I did.......... then perhaps I wasn't the only one who struggled!
Thanks for all your quick replies, Dave.

.... further to the above what I say above isn't quite accurate. The portal for tracking orders etc isn't "My Audi" as I said but "Your Audi.com" . I got there because I Googled "MY Audi" and that's where it sent me. Still think it's a bit daft because "My Audi" to me is "Your Audi" to them!

Glad to help Dave.........this confused me which is why I knew the answer!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Dave Cornwell
I haven't had to enter the pin in my car, I'm logged in already and can access everything as far as I'm aware although the app says No connection to vehicle possible!

That's what I thought mate, but there are some additional features which need you to log in and connect to your account. You can use the features, but it's not linked the car to your account yet. Also, on the first video, it says you need a SIM card... I don't have one, but it still connects to the internet etc, so I assume it's now embedded into the car somewhere?

That's what I thought mate, but there are some additional features which need you to log in and connect to your account. You can use the features, but it's not linked the car to your account yet. Also, on the first video, it says you need a SIM card... I don't have one, but it still connects to the internet etc, so I assume it's now embedded into the car somewhere?

Thing is, there's nowhere for me to enter the pin. I'm logged in on the MMI so god knows, any video I've seen doesn't show me what to do. Doubt I'd benefit too much from it but it's just annoying not having all green ticks on the app lol

I think the sim is imbedded yeah, then you have the slot for your own sim in the glovebox.

Reactions: Mark_86
Thing is, there's nowhere for me to enter the pin. I'm logged in on the MMI so god knows, any video I've seen doesn't show me what to do. Doubt I'd benefit too much from it but it's just annoying not having all green ticks on the app lol

I think the sim is imbedded yeah, then you have the slot for your own sim in the glovebox.

You need to go into AudiConnect on the car, let it load up to the main page. Then, right click and it brings up a second menu, which gives you the option to log in. Simples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to go into AudiConnect on the car, let it load up to the main page. Then, right click and it brings up a second menu, which gives you the option to log in. Simples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure when I went on that I was already logged in, the MMI Connect app is set to log in to the MMI Automatically.

Just logged in on the desktop at work and everything is active and linked to the car, can only think the app says no connection available because the phone isn't connected to the MMI, it's done through the inbuilt sim.

Reactions: Mark_86
Mine all up and running well now. Have added two sets of POI's that were relevant to me (RSPB reserves and Wild Trust reserves). Happy days :)