Sticky MMI button

ion2211

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

The TEL button on my MMI has become very sticky, hard to press and doesn't spring back up.

I presume it just needs a clean.

Is there anyway easy way to remove the button?

Snip20171207_17.png

Not sure about the button itself, but the complete panel just lifts up easily if you use some pry tools along the orange line.

This should give you access to the rear of the button and may show how to remove or clean.

Upload 2017 12 7 15 48 45

Hi Guys,

The TEL button on my MMI has become very sticky, hard to press and doesn't spring back up.

I presume it just needs a clean.

Is there anyway easy way to remove the button?

Snip20171207_17.png
Use plastic trim tools to slide your lower hvac controls forward, put a towel down so not to scratch your mmi panel. Once hvac panel is off to side you can slowly pry up mmi control panel with plastic trim tools. You may need to remove shifter knob if you need more room but I doubt it, maybe just boot frame will suffice. You will have access to clean or at least get buttons from underneath. I recently changed my starter button for the red vereity so it was very similar removal.

Use plastic trim tools to slide your lower hvac controls forward, put a towel down so not to scratch your mmi panel. Once hvac panel is off to side you can slowly pry up mmi control panel with plastic trim tools. You may need to remove shifter knob if you need more room but I doubt it, maybe just boot frame will suffice. You will have access to clean or at least get buttons from underneath. I recently changed my starter button for the red vereity so it was very similar removal.

Yea as @Fastbke170 said, I forgot to mention removing the HVAC although I managed without removing just make sure you don't scratch your surround.