Haudi93

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Audi A3 S-Line Black Edition.

It only has the Standard stereo in and a fitted bluetooth set too.
excuse the dust on pics, needs a clean ;)

I am looking at buying the Audi Navigation Plus system from ebay so I can have the Nav system etc..

Just looking for advice on this or does anyone recommend anything different.
Is it easy to do and is it 'plug and play'

Any advice gratefully received.

Pic of my steroe attached and one im looking at on ebay.. (example of)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-A...569626?hash=item3f726b3a9a:g:UrAAAOSwnHZYZWWn

Oh and I also have the bose system in it, will that still work.. seen forums where people say it wont.?
IMG 0274
S l1600 1

I've been grappling with a similar situation. My 2005 S-Line 2.0 came with just the basic Concert I which doesn't even have Bluetooth! Given the costs for an OEM upgrade, I'd rather spend it on essential maintenance like cam belt change and bodywork which the car badly needs. At least that's how I convinced myself to stay out for the time being

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I'd love an RNSE set-up but am too petrified of the car being broken into because it's got one fitted!
They do seem to be a veritable crime magnet!
For what reason, I'm sticking to the simple original Audi stereo and my trusty Tom Tom.
That way I don't need to endlessly worry!

The genuine sat navs work out expensive once you add blue tooth and the coding that goes with it, nice if you want to keep it all Audi OEM. Alternatives are
Dynavin £510 which has everything built in and plug and play, no extra looms to buy, takes 1hour tops to fit. It's the one I have. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynavin-N...978398?hash=item41835ff5de:g:1UQAAOSw91NTtUyO This seller is the official UK distributor and you can phone him , he's very helpful.
Xtrons Head unit is somewhat cheaper but some peeps on the forum like the Android apps. Think you need extra looms and wiring changes, so find out what extras are needed before you commit.
Other Audi non oe sat navs are available from ICE in Liverpool, some seem to work but mine didn't work the reversing camera so it was returned without quibble.
No doubt others will tell you how they got on with theirs.

Reactions: Haudi93
The genuine sat navs work out expensive once you add blue tooth and the coding that goes with it, nice if you want to keep it all Audi OEM. Alternatives are
Dynavin £510 which has everything built in and plug and play, no extra looms to buy, takes 1hour tops to fit. It's the one I have. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynavin-N...978398?hash=item41835ff5de:g:1UQAAOSw91NTtUyO This seller is the official UK distributor and you can phone him , he's very helpful.
Xtrons Head unit is somewhat cheaper but some peeps on the forum like the Android apps. Think you need extra looms and wiring changes, so find out what extras are needed before you commit.
Other Audi non oe sat navs are available from ICE in Liverpool, some seem to work but mine didn't work the reversing camera so it was returned without quibble.
No doubt others will tell you how they got on with theirs.

I have been doing a few searches now and a lot of people recommend Dynavin..

I do like to think keeping it all OEM would be less hassle but you say it needs coding and extra looms?!

Sounds like the Dynavin is just plug and play but worried after people saying their Bose system doesn't work with it so just worried that, that would happen to me (just my luck)

Yes coding via vcds is required for the oe version and has to be re coded everytime you add extras like Bluetooth, parking sensor or reverse camera.
No one has said Bose doesn't work with Dynavin, it's other HU's that have problem. Also if you want a Digital radio or TV tuner you just plug it in and it works. My reverse camera and cable was £14 and that worked straight away, took 4 hours to run the cable though.

Just the advice I am looking for!

Thanks Pal..

Do you have any vids of yours in your car would like to see one :)

Not mine but there's a couple on Youtube

Reactions: samuelh_888
Or if you can put up with a non OE style then the touchscreen Pioneer is worth a look ... I have Bose and a change in the head unit alone improved the sound immensely on the OEM speakers. Previously had RNSE.
IMG 1115

Last edited:
Or if you can put up with a non OE style then the touchscreen Pioneer is worth a look ... I have Bose and a change in the head unit alone improved the sound immensely on the OEM speakers. Previously had RNSE.
View attachment 113789

Ah quite like that one too. Where did you get it from and what model is it? I see it has Apple Carplay which is good I have iPhone too :)

Ah quite like that one too. Where did you get it from and what model is it? I see it has Apple Carplay which is good I have iPhone too :)
It's the Avh-8700BT and got it via Amazon Germany before the pound tanked ... I only use CarPlay for Apple Maps as most of the other apps that are available under iOS are for the streaming services which I don't use. Also does Android Auto and Mirror Link which should allow u to use engine data apps like Torque Pro and others to see realtime info of engine performance via Android phones.

In the glove box I installed two USB inputs, one hdmi, and one aux in. Not a good pic but you get the idea ...
IMG 1114

Yes coding via vcds is required for the oe version and has to be re coded everytime you add extras like Bluetooth, parking sensor or reverse camera.
No one has said Bose doesn't work with Dynavin, it's other HU's that have problem. Also if you want a Digital radio or TV tuner you just plug it in and it works. My reverse camera and cable was £14 and that worked straight away, took 4 hours to run the cable though.

So I took your advice. It arrived yesterday and I fitted it.. Very impressed so far.. The only issue I do have is that it states I cant use the Aux whilst driving.. Love how it puts the reverse cam and Sensor screen on when you go into reverse and I'm impressed it is full integration :) Like the Nav system too, very easy to use :)

IMG 0280
IMG 0282
IMG 0283
IMG 0284
IMG 0285
IMG 0276

Reactions: S., HansfishS3 and maxpayne