Stereo 'Beeping' on start up?

adupuy

Reaction score
HI,
Can anyone help? When I turn on my ignition I get a 'Beep-Beep-Beep...Beep-Beep-Beep...Beep-Beep-Beep' sound from somewhere. I happens if the Stereo is on of off. It is very annoying.

Cheers

I think from previous posts its the battery in the alarm going low.

Theres a topic on here somewhere about it.

Yes it'll be the alarm controller with knackered back up batteries. £80 for a new one from dealer and it's a pig to fit as it's underneath the tupperware sub in the drivers side boot cubbyhole.

Thanks for your help, would the alarm siren 'Beep' when the stereo is turned on and the ignition isn't. I am prepared to swap it but want to make sure that it really the fault before I get a new one and attempt the impossible task.

Cheers

As in on the first turn of the key before the ignition starts?

If so, then yes.

Hi Rocko, it 'Beeps' with no key in the ignition when Stereo turned on. I did this when looking into the cubbyhole and wanted to listen to some music. Key was in my pocket. Made me think a bit more about it. Hope it is nothing to do with the Bose bits as I have had probs in the past with those.

****** paying £80 for an alarm siren, I cut mine in 2 with a dremel and soldered in some new batteries, jobs a goodun for about £15.

I have had my mecahnic look into the strange 'Beeping' and he said it is to do with the stereo. He removed the head unit and it stops. Can anybody shed some ore light on the subject. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the Bose 'amp' or 'sub'.
:uhm:

I know TP can provide annoying beeps if it can't lock onto a signal. Try turning off the traffic alerts.

I dont use TP as it is annoying anyway. The 'Beeping' also happens when stereo is off and I turn the ignition on. Also when ignition is off and I turn the stereo on. This is what is confusing me and my mechanic.

So is it the stereo beeping or the alarm siren?
Sounds like it's the alarm siren and the stereo is just a red herring. Maybe the current draw from the stereo is tipping the voltage trigger for the alarm. Try turning on the sidelights and see if this has the same effect.
I've only ever heard beeping being caused by the alarm controller backup batteries. No other cause as far as I'm aware.

It does sound a bit odd I know. Thanks for the help, I will try the lights next.
I really want to make sure before I start with the siren swap as I hear it is a real bitch to do.

I have tried all other things with a drain of any significance but nothing. The Beeping comes from the front speakers as well as the back and only when the stereo is turned on. Please can someone help I am going mad!

Do you have a phone kit installed and could it be anything to do with that? :uhm:

try just disconnecting the alarm siren for a few days to see if the stereo still beeps.

if it stops, then it is likely you need a new siren unit. i have just replaced mine on my a4 cab, and all stange alarm triggers (including when the alarm is turned OFF) have stopped.