Steering Wheel

MattyW19

Reaction score
Hi,

Just out of interest, does anyone know how much the black edition steering wheel costs (upgrading from an Sline).

Thanks

there's a few FBMFSWs on eBay priced around the £500 mark with airbag. if you get all the parts from Audi you're looking at around £1200 i think. it's actually the airbag that's the more expensive bit.

you may need to change your ECU and slip ring as well, but not sure how much they cost - i'm sure someone else can advise.

i tend to notice that a lot of them are black with silver stitching so it depends on whether it'll match your interior or not.

i'd love to do this mod, i think they are great but having an older model I need the ECU and slipring so its going to cost me £700! I just cant justify that for a stering wheel!

i'd love to do this mod, i think they are great but having an older model I need the ECU and slipring so its going to cost me £700! I just cant justify that for a stering wheel!

Don't forget to pencil in the price of a crash helmet also :)

Guys n Gals

Anyone have one with the paddles for sale i have checked the classifieds? drnutta wheel looks nice but i will need the airbag aswell as the paddles DSG mmmmm!!

Don't forget to pencil in the price of a crash helmet also :)

Shushhh the first rule about retrofitting FBMFSW is to never talk about the circular £300 airbag thats just there to look pretty when your pushing your horn!

Shushhh the first rule about retrofitting FBMFSW is to never talk about the circular £300 airbag thats just there to look pretty when your pushing your horn!

some say it's possible to wire it up so it goes off as a single stage would. yes i've seen the horror thread, but it's come from a fairly reputable source :shrug:

some say it's possible to wire it up so it goes off as a single stage would. yes i've seen the horror thread, but it's come from a fairly reputable source :shrug:

You could be right but until someone tries it out by having an accident, we will never know! All we do know is that 1 car in america did not go off with it fitted. It could have been wired wrong, who knows but its certainly not cut and dry that it will save your face come accident time.

one reason why i'm glad i swapped my 8P1 for an 8P2