Standard A3 140bhp or Chipped A4 140

aadams1x

Reaction score
Hi...I have a 2.0 TDI Cab at the moment and today borrowed my mums 5dr A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI for a 200 mile round trip.....my god her car is fast!! The little A3 feels like a ferrari compared with mine, I was happy till I drove hers and now i think a bluefin / chip needs to happen!

Does anyone know if my car will feel as fast as hers does once it has been chipped?! I dont want to have a drag race with my mum just not be disapointed when I get back in mine after a long journey!

It will make it quicker but the cabriolet weighs a lot more hence the reason the A3 felt faster.

I remapped an A4 2.0Tdi cab multitronic a couple of weeks ago, the owner was very happy with the difference, but I still felt the car was sluggish compared to my A3. The Multitronic had a lot to do with it, but even using the manual override it didn't feel that quick. But as has been said, the A4 cab is a much heavier car.

Interesting reply although your car looks quite some way from standard, how do you think the Bluefinned a4 would perform against your a3 140 in standard guise?! Thanks

There is a huge difference in weight.
Unladen weight for a 2.0tdi A4 cab is 1600 kgs.
Unladen weight for a 2.0tdi A3 Sportback is 1380 kgs.
220 kgs is like carrying two 17 stone blokes!!!
Strangely though, Audi quote exactly the same 0-60 time for both (9.7 seconds).:shrug: