Stage 3 update…great outcome!

Ds32

Reaction score
Hello all.
Thought I’d post an update on my stage 3 build after the issues I had with the DSG clutch and poor map originally (won’t mention the garage on here)

Thankfully I took it to QST who were brilliant and replaced my clutch packs along with a fresh DSG service + TVS stage 3 TCU map.
I took a bit of time off from the car to save up money and rethink where I would take it.
I reached out to MK performance who told me to come that same weekend to Devil developments where Ben and Mahir worked their magic.

It is a completely transformed car! They added a RS3 lpfp and custom ECU map which we kept conservative.
Over the moon with the result and the torque curve is exactly what I was hoping for.

The restriction on my s3 was the milltek backbox, it choked the car. So in recent days I did something different with the exhaust….a lot of people won’t like this but I’m a sucker for a Jap style single exit angled exhaust! And I’ve not seen this before on an MQB (probably for good reason most would say lol but I love it)

Not sure how to attach videos! Wanted to show a few sound clips.

959FC8AB EAE1 4079 A28F EB1119853343

Attachments

• 1D29F87E-3F42-417D-99EB-1BF90E36D3DE.jpeg
    1D29F87E-3F42-417D-99EB-1BF90E36D3DE.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 33C5AB70-B813-43BD-B122-F179249D3CD0.jpeg
    33C5AB70-B813-43BD-B122-F179249D3CD0.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Now with the new free flowing exhaust, next step would be 980cc MPI’s and meth. Not sure when, not spending any more for now!

Interesting about the exhaust, how did you come to that conclusion as I have a milltek and running stage 3 with very similar figures

PS, don't like the exhaust :p

Reactions: JohnM100
Interesting about the exhaust, how did you come to that conclusion as I have a milltek and running stage 3 with very similar figures

PS, don't like the exhaust :p
From tuning, was a drop off top end due to flow restriction from exhaust side. Turbo performed really well. Can’t remember where I heard it before but I remember seeing a video where someone mentioned the restrictiveness of a milltek backbox at this power demand.

Yea not many ppl will like this exhaust lol sounds incredible

From tuning, was a drop off top end due to flow restriction from exhaust side. Turbo performed really well. Can’t remember where I heard it before but I remember seeing a video where someone mentioned the restrictiveness of a milltek backbox at this power demand.

Yea not many ppl will like this exhaust lol sounds incredible

Good to know thanks - I am between buying a light weight seat or straight pipe it for drag racing only - think I may sway towards the straight pipe (I know it will be very loud!)

Any youtube links to the exhaust?