Stage 2 and 2 +mods

Yeah I'm really happy with it to be honest! Seems a decent example. There is a Sachs performance clutch with can be used with the LUK OEM DMF or you can go down the loba and SMF route. The first is perfectly capable of handling stage 2+ Performance. As Alex has previously mentioned he ran that set up for some time at over 400lbs/ft. Still need to budget about £1K for the clutch unfortunately though. Unless you can find one which has already been done.

Reactions: S3Alex
I didnt like the vibration between 2000 and 3000 rpm on the one i test drove and that was a sachs clutch and loba smf i think altho the pedal felt fine and it handled power well,i would just want it to handle the power but sound oe !

Yeah the Sachs organic clutch with the OEM DMF might be the best route then in that case bud.

Yeah I'm really happy with it to be honest! Seems a decent example. There is a Sachs performance clutch with can be used with the LUK OEM DMF or you can go down the loba and SMF route. The first is perfectly capable of handling stage 2+ Performance. As Alex has previously mentioned he ran that set up for some time at over 400lbs/ft. Still need to budget about £1K for the clutch unfortunately though. Unless you can find one which has already been done.

Mine lasted until 440lbs.

You do have to treat it with some respect if you want it to last,as it's an organic clutch,and drag style starts are going to kill it pretty fast.

What would be a good dmf upgrade then if fitting an uprated clutch as it would be better i suppose to do it while box is out or would it be wise to just fit a new oe dmf when changing clutch ?

Mine lasted until 440lbs.

You do have to treat it with some respect if you want it to last,as it's an organic clutch,and drag style starts are going to kill it pretty fast.

I thought I'd read 440lbs but wasn't 100% so just put over 400lbs to be safe haha.

Yeah goes without saying, if that's your driving style then that clutch isn't for you as it will just get fried.

Reactions: S3Alex
What would be a good dmf upgrade then if fitting an uprated clutch as it would be better i suppose to do it while box is out or would it be wise to just fit a new oe dmf when changing clutch ?

Just as Rick says.

The OEM one works just fine,and that's exactly what I'd used on mine before having to change to something unbreakable.

Hi there had mine from stock to Revo stage 2 plus in last 6 months. It caost me all new as follows:

1, Milltek cat back £750
2, Revo CAI with Cone Filter £350
3. HP Revo Fuel pump £325
4 Sachs HP Clutch £650
5. All Revo Software £350
6 New fuel sensor and air mass meter £400
7 Accelerator linear linkage software (free for stage 2 plus upgrade)

All included vat and fitting, so my bill was £2825. The accelerator software linkage is well worth having. If you want to go fast, you have to put your foot down hard and is much more controllable, that it no high revs when you first touch the accelerator, and saves loads on fuel consumption trust me. It takes a few goes to get used to, and is an option if you want it

Overall car is very quick, about 62 in second, 100 in 3rd, 125 fourth, fifth and sixth its up to you!

Great car red lines now at 7500 rpm

6 New fuel sensor and air mass meter £400
7 Accelerator linear linkage software (free for stage 2 plus upgrade)

If you want to go fast, you have to put your foot down hard and is much more controllable, that it no high revs when you first touch the accelerator, and saves loads on fuel consumption trust me. It takes a few goes to get used to, and is an option if you want it

Are you referring to the "linear" map option for number 7? Never heard it called Accelerator linear linkage software before. Also, why did you need a new fuel sensor and air mass (flow) meter?

How long would it take a decent garage to change a downpipe?

Is flat foot shifting an extra with mapping these s3's or does it come as standard with the map ?

Flat foot shifting comes with all dsg s3's. If budget allows I wouldn't even entertain a manual tbh.

Dsg would have as its auto surely ? The manual i test drove had it and it was very good ! Never had it on my scooby so would like it on an s3 when i get one !

Is flat foot shifting an extra with mapping these s3's or does it come as standard with the map ?

The only company that does flat shift with remaps i believe is unicorn. They do custom maps with lc and flat shift for manual s3. Cool little thing. For others maps you need to install wot box.