Stage 1 Map for 1.4 COD

I

Ignition1

Hi All

Planning to get a Revo Stage 1 Map (when one is available...soon I'm told) for my 1.4 COD. Hopefully turning it into a snarling 911-beater - or at least faster than my mate's Golf.

Anything I should watch out for? Thinking - clutch slip on S-Tronic, will it invalidate my Audi warranty etc.

I know the upsides of course, but any downsides I should be careful of?

Ta.

I think you should be fine, only thing that comes to mind is that the 7-speed S-tronics have a much lower torque limit then the 6-speeds which is the remap might exceed but not by much I imagine. I havent heard of anyone having any failures of these 7-speed boxes on any 8V cars but I know that early applications of the gearbox did give some failures on other VAG cars.

Reactions: Ignition1
Thanks - I think that's my biggest concern. S-Tronic not being able to handle the extra torque. I suppose I can always remove the change if needed.

Reactions: SJ43
Very interested to see your results from the remap, would i have issues with clutch slip on my manual?

Possibly less chance as on S-Tronic. I'm probably a good 2 months or more away from getting the map - Stage 1 isn't available yet for the 1.4 :(

I would love to hear how you get on. Currently waiting on delivery of my car and would also be interested in a remap.

So what power do these have now and what will it be going to?

I don't think anything will fail as revo never seem to do a stage one that will blow gearboxes etc.

So what power do these have now and what will it be going to?

I don't think anything will fail as revo never seem to do a stage one that will blow gearboxes etc.

Not sure about previous 1.4 CODs but all 2015+ CODs have 150hp. If they can squeeze 180 I'd be happy, doubt they'd get to 200hp.

Not sure about previous 1.4 CODs but all 2015+ CODs have 150hp. If they can squeeze 180 I'd be happy, doubt they'd get to 200hp.
You'll get about 183 from the 150's and 173 from the 140 from a tuning box, maybe a good ecu tuner could eek out a little more, but be aware it has a dmf so if you go using all that torque it might not like it.
With a ecu remap it will flag up an error so they'll know its been done.