SQ5 SQ5 Headlight Control Defective

Sheeprider79

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Driving to work this am I had a warning pop up on my dash Headlight range control defective. On testing my lights I have all functions, main beam etc. On start up my lights are moving to self- level.

I was reading forums and I can see that on A4 etc, there are sensors within the wheel arch to the wishbone, I went to have a look but cannot seem to find these, are they else where on the SQ5?

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks

Cant find too much online, but having a look under my car I can only find one sensor at the rear passenger. Is this correct?

Hi, if you have dynamic lights on your car, check that your corner function is working.
Rather than the front fog lights coming on when you turn at slow speed, there is a H7 halogen bulb also set into the main headlight.
Drive down the road at night and turn into a left street and the light will illuminate the turning, then try a right turning and you will notice the difference on the side that is faulty.
They are a bit fiddly to change but easily doable and don't need a laptop to reset.
There are a couple of videos on Google that should help you.
HTH