Spot light wiring

brownie 25

Reaction score
Hi all can someone help,I can not find the connection for my drivers side spot light/fog light .I you have time could you take a look At yours and trace the wire from the light and see where it goes to.tks in Advance

Fog light, front or rear, what are you trying to accomplish, so we can provide data of use.

Front driver side,my car had been in a crash before and the spots and connectors were damaged,when I fitted the new bumper I couldn't find the wire for the mentioned light so I left it at that (lazy) lol.now I am getting tired of seeing the bulb out symbol on the dash and would like to fix it

If they were present before, then it will be there, just need to search high/low mate.

I did trust me,I don't know how far back the wire broke so it would help to know where to start

It will go into other looms mate, so if its been cut back to the loom it joins with, then you'll have to strip back to use or run new ones into the cabin to the electrics module.

It will go into other looms mate, so if its been cut back to the loom it joins with, then you'll have to strip back to use or run new ones into the cabin to the electrics module.
I understand that what I need to know is where it coming from on the car, does it run under the wing or along the chassis leg etc

It will join other looms in that area, so probably either hanging loose or been cut short, so without stripping a car to check, you'll have to research on the car yourself or run new wires into the cabin to the CE module, I don't know what else one can say to advise tbh.

if i run wires to the cabin where is the ce module,is it sealed unit ? could i run wires from the passenger light,if i do that tho will i still have the bulb out warning

Its above the drivers footwell, so you could find the existing wire points on the board & solder on, just make sure the correct gauge is used, I still think you can do in the bay.

BTW it's not a spot light, as it's mounted below 1200mm it's only legal to use it/them during foggy conditions (i.e. when visibility is less than 100m).

Last edited: