reverse light wiring

tony mc

Reaction score
now chaps,

i'm in the middle of putting a reverse cam in the avant, i need to find the power supply cable for the reverse bulb to fit the camera, i have a 4 wire plug going to the bulb cluster, is one of these the one i need to tap into or can i do it somewhere else ?

thanks

tony.

thanks anyway people but i sussed it,

20160130 140950 resized
20160130 140941 resized

running the cable from the camera was a bit of pain mate, to get it going through the hinge loom rubber was a chew on, and the rear quarter panel cover in the car was a nightmare to get off, ended up just pulling it off a bit to feed the cables for power and earth, by the way its the pink and blue wire for power and the brown is ground from the rear outer light cluster, getting the cable to the front wasn't that bad, i ran it under the door sill plastic's it pushes in real nice with no need to remove them.

running the cable from the camera was a bit of pain mate, to get it going through the hinge loom rubber was a chew on, and the rear quarter panel cover in the car was a nightmare to get off, ended up just pulling it off a bit to feed the cables for power and earth, by the way its the pink and blue wire for power and the brown is ground from the rear outer light cluster, getting the cable to the front wasn't that bad, i ran it under the door sill plastic's it pushes in real nice with no need to remove them.

cheers so its a bit time consuming then did you have to remove all of the tail gate trim to get the cam into the number plate light ?

yeh martin, i mounted the camera just right of the boot latch, i took off the main bottom part, top window surround, hinge cover and plastic corner cover that's next to it including the top inner seal to roof part and the center roof lining panel, lol

took me about 2 hours but i wasn't rushing to do it as it's been baltic out there today

now chaps,

i'm in the middle of putting a reverse cam in the avant, i need to find the power supply cable for the reverse bulb to fit the camera, i have a 4 wire plug going to the bulb cluster, is one of these the one i need to tap into or can i do it somewhere else ?

thanks

tony.

Which wire was the reverse power wire? How did you connect it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the camera fix? Thinking of doing this to mine as the head unit has the capacity though I now had a set of parking sensors to fit as well

I have an A3 which would fit in the handle. I wanted to know best way to tap into the reverse power wire without ruining the original connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right chaps it all depends on what kind of wiring comes with the camera, mine only needed a 12v supply from the stereo end of the car, i didn't need to cut any wires. i just plugged the two rca's in to the stereo and then there was a small red wire came out of one of them so that got the 12v supplied to it my stereo picks up revers signal from the main loom so.....

if you need to tap power from the revers bulb wiring you can get to them by removing the rear quarter light cluster and tap from there, carnt remember the wire colours at the minute though sorry gents,

i drilled a hole in the right hand side of the plastic surround for the bbot handle and mounted the camera like that as the cam had a threaded mounding post on the back kthat the wires come through, i'll get a pic later for you.

Reactions: V8_Disco
pics as promised

20160526 162842
20160526 162852

please excuse the muck, she's normally nice and clean.

I got it from amazon mate was only about a tenner I'll see if i can find a link for you

Reactions: V8_Disco
Hi guys, I'm fitting a stand alone dash cam with a satellite reverse camera.
I've looked all through here but can't find out which wire I need to tap into my rear light cluster for the cam?
Audi RS4 2006 avant
Any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk