Facelift Sportback Semi Rigid Load Liner

Jimbob76

Roof Rails Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to establish if this...

http://www.audipartsdirect.co.uk/product/Audi_A3_Sportback_Semi_Rigid_Load_Liner_8V4061180

...will fit my 2017 Sportback S3, but the details I can find online are a bit sketchy. I already have the matching front and rear rubber floor mats, and v.happy with the quality of those, so hoping this will complete the set.

The info I can find states:

** GENUINE AUDI **

SEMI RIDGID LOAD LINER

PART NUMBER 8V4061180

Suitable for:
A3 Sportback (AB3) 2013 -> 2016
A3 Sportback (AB3-PA) 2017 ->
RS3 Sportback (AB3) 2015 ->
S3 Sportback (AB3) 2014 -> 2016 (but doesn’t say anything about 2017 onwards, even though it does say suitable for RS3 2015 ->!!!)

Please note: Product only suitable for luggage compartment floor in upper position.
Colour: Anthracite

So, I’m confused :shrug: On paper seems to fit the bill, just doesn’t state compatibility with my car

Anyone on here taken the plunge on one of these for their facelift S3 Sportback? Thoughts?

I’ve emailed them my VIN number, just wondering if anyone can give me a quick yay or nay.

Can you not just call/enquire on the website whether it'd fit?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Can you not just call/enquire on the website whether it'd fit?

Yep, have done as per my post - have an itchy trigger though, so just wondering if the helpful lot on here could quickly advise (+ might help anyone else with the same dilemma)

Yep, have done as per my post - have an itchy trigger though, so just wondering if the helpful lot on here could quickly advise (+ might help anyone else with the same dilemma)
After I replied, I must admit I hadn't read all the post before replying haha! Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help in regards to changes from old to new generation.

Reactions: Jimbob76
The only reason I see it might not fit is some a3 have a cubby hole with net on left side and I’ve seen some that don’t have the net part.
The mat will physically fit I think but might get in the way of cubby hole.

The only reason I see it might not fit is some a3 have a cubby hole with net on left side and I’ve seen some that don’t have the net part.
The mat will physically fit I think but might get in the way of cubby hole.

Yep, makes sense - mine has this cubby hole and net on the left-hand side. Hadn’t realised this wasn’t on pre- face lift. Probably not a deal breaker though - good intel, thanks

Yep, makes sense - mine has this cubby hole and net on the left-hand side. Hadn’t realised this wasn’t on pre- face lift. Probably not a deal breaker though - good intel, thanks
My PFL has this area.

I wasn't aware it wasn't available on some cars.. Cant remember what my 64 plate A3 had in the boot...ive slept since I sold it :)

My S3 Sportback is September 2016 and I have the semi rigid load liner (which is really excellent for muddy boots or dog). I could go out and see if I can see the part number on it if you want? I am not aware that there is any difference between your 2017 car and mine in terms of the boot.

Well it says A3 Sportback 2017 >>
So I would assume it would fit. I don’t think the boot would be any different.
Re.. the cubby hole. I wouldn’t think it comes up high enough to interfere anyway?

Apologies for the grubby boot but I have just go back from holiday (and after all the load liner is designed to stop the carpet getting messed up)

Attachments

• IMG_2825.jpg
    IMG_2825.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2826.jpg
    IMG_2826.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 150
My S3 Sportback is September 2016 and I have the semi rigid load liner (which is really excellent for muddy boots or dog. I could go out and see if I can see the part number on it if you want? I am not aware that there is any difference between your 2017 car and mine in terms of the boot.

Cheers @Svenedin - that could be really helpful! If I could trouble you for some pix to show the load liner in place (and if you have the previously mentioned cubby hole and net on the left hand side of the boot it would be good to see how this sits with the load liner)I’d be very grateful mate (obviously not now, it’s late, and dark!)

Cheers @Svenedin - that could be really helpful! If I could trouble you for some pix to show the load liner in place (and if you have the previously mentioned cubby hole and net on the left hand side of the boot it would be good to see how this sits with the load liner)I’d be very grateful mate (obviously not now, it’s late, and dark!)

Already done it!

Really silly question but would this liner affect ffect the performance of the subwoofer in the boot?

Really silly question but would this liner affect ffect the performance of the subwoofer in the boot?

I'm no expert in car hi-fi but the subwoofer is already under the boot floor so I shouldn't think this boot liner is going to make much difference. I haven't noticed any change with the boot liner in place. Low frequencies are good at passing through solid objects.

Reactions: ASBOST and Jimbob76
I think the liner will have little effect but I did notice the sub sounded a lot punchier when I went to ikea the other week with no parcel shelf and back seats down.

Reactions: ASBOST and Jimbob76
I toyed with the boot liner but fancied a bit more protection carrying tools and bikes quite often so purchased a Hatchbag.co.uk liner. Very impressed. Few creases to come out and a few tweeks to get it perfectly sat but very nice. Got the extension which protects the rear of the car when seats are folded too

IMG_3574 by win rya, on Flickr
IMG_3575 by win rya, on Flickr

I toyed with the boot liner but fancied a bit more protection carrying tools and bikes quite often so purchased a Hatchbag.co.uk liner. Very impressed. Few creases to come out and a few tweeks to get it perfectly sat but very nice. Got the extension which protects the rear of the car when seats are folded too

I like that. Does it have the extension bit that covers the back bumper for loading stuff in?

I like that. Does it have the extension bit that covers the back bumper for loading stuff in?

There are loads of add ons and that Is available. Whilst I see its merits I worry pressing against a dirty bumper will scratch/marr the paint so just try to avoid contact

Reactions: AlS3BE
I can confirm this fits without any issues. I have one fitted in my '17 sportback and it does not affect the sound from the subwoofer either.

Good man, thanks - I’ve placed the order. Thanks all for replies. Appreciate it. Will post some pix once I’ve fitted.

You’ve gone full tilt on boot protection pal! Looks great. Wanting something less slidy myself. Looks like a great bit of kit though. Cheers for sharing.

Cheers for all the replies on the subwoofer performance with the load liner... Thank you.

My PFL has this area.

I wasn't aware it wasn't available on some cars.. Cant remember what my 64 plate A3 had in the boot...ive slept since I sold it :)
Wait, this isn't standard on all models? Why?

Last edited:
Mine has that space too, just without the net.

Ok, so just to close the loop on this. Ordered the load liner mentioned in my original post a couple of weeks ago, and finally got around to fitting it today. Just what I was looking for. There are marked cut-outs for the luggage hooks, which I’ve cut on one side with a Stanley knife so I can stow my steering wheel lock. Thanks all for comments and advice. Some pics in case these help anyone else...

4E40B893 D5FE 4F40 AF51 73E830444602

A2F57663 F35F 42FD 8C50 D9DE3E98A4D2

FC0CEBE0 D331 4423 B18C 96497EA7CE95

918CBA7A DDE0 4717 9865 0F9154CEE1BE

AADFCC30 DED7 40C3 A75B A2350DEFB9E0

Reactions: oli356 and Kondax
Looks like it fits really well. I might have to pick one up

I've had mine for nearly 2 years. Never noticed the cut out for the luggage hooks! Thanks for posting!