Sony DAB headunit replacement

Leo Komninos

Reaction score
Have changed the original symphony II unit for a Sony DAB because the lack of external input. Have used a adapter loom that steps-down my half-amplified system to a un-amplified so i connect it to the sony HU direct. Tried using half the pre-outs and half not, but didn't work, no idea why. Have an annoying hiss from rear speakers due to shoddy step-down 'chip'. All okay but the antenae does not seem to work as it aught! regular antennae cable and the fakra from old >just use regular antenae cable.
Have read a ton about what to do with k-line and have left UN-grounded but when do OBD check, shows missing stereo.
Have also heard that DAB signal actually uses FM signal to piggyback, but my additional DAB Funke ariel works 50% at best, and the quaterlight audi ariel doesn't seem to work at all now.
Have recently found the antenae amp/splitter 8E9 035 225B, has just confussed me more:
FM2 IN
FM3 IN
IF IN
AM/FM OUT
FZV OUT
AM/FM1 IN
FZV IN

I rest my point!!! What the hell is FZV & IF, and also i guess FM may be split between ranges to account for 2 + 3.
Please any advise greatly appreciated.