Something worth watching on the box.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Probably not everyones cuppa but I've been replaying the first series of Mortimer and Whitehouse go fishing and I must say I find it very enjoyable viewing indeed.
Very good for chilling out in the evening , I tend to playback two episodes at a time to get a good hours viewing.

personally I found the first series be brilliant and was looking forward to the follow-up , which for me ,fell well short of the mark, not sure why but it just wasn't a patch on the first series.

Anyone else enjoy it, I was very surpised the BBC2 showed it really...lol , maybe they are opening their horizons a bit more now.

Reactions: CHEZ
Yeah I seen them all.
Always been a fan of them both in there hay day.
Vic and Bob, smell of Reeves and mortimar, the fast show, Harry Enfield etc plus always a keen angler for many many moons so yeah, it ticked all the boxes.
I agree @Just Rob. The first series was a tad better than the second slightly entertainment wise, but I don't think it was totally designed for ground breaking comedy but just an excuse for a couple of very funny characters to be seen out of the limelight.
It was very humbling, deep in parts, but in the whole quite amusing.
Like a couple of kids going fishing.
I enjoyed it, and yes very chilled.
Not sure I could eat some of that muck though lol.
Plus Bob had a rather nice A6.
Fishing is great for the soul and I think it painted a perfect picture of a few mates enjoying the banter in the great outdoors.
God, I need to go fishing.
That won't happen any time soon.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the Brewery visit , oh and the railway carriage , that was excellent with the bald patch..lol ,well they were all brill.:icon thumright:

Just finished watching the Chernobyl mini series. Absolutely fascinating.

Reactions: jdp1962 and CHEZ
Got Chernobyl 'recorded' but how about Robert Carlyle in 'Hamish Mcbeth' FAF!!

Just finished watching The Windsors....I thought that was hilarious

Just finished watching the Chernobyl mini series. Absolutely fascinating.
Yup; watched that when it aired a few months ago. Am also old enough to remember it happening and thinking we might all die soon.

Reactions: pburv
Yup; watched that when it aired a few months ago. Am also old enough to remember it happening and thinking we might all die soon.
Not a patch on what's happening now lol