Some I'm gonna buy an A3, need your help....

mase2hot

Reaction score
Hi guys,

dumping my peugeot 206 for an A3 Sportback. Been looking for ages and need some advice. I was just going to go for the 1.9 TDI with Band C road tax and the great MPG running costs. But the car below I have seen on autotrader is the 2.0 TDI standard.

First question is there any big disadvantages in gettings the standard one compared to SE and Sport? I know it doesnt come with fog lights.

Second question is the car below worth the money? (I know the mileage is high but thats my price bracket!)

Third question the 2.0 is 140 BHP would I be much happier driving that than the 1.9 103 BHP? Or is the difference nothing to get excited about?

Thanks

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../postcode/sk56dn/radius/1501/page/1?logcode=p

I hastily bought a standard model and then spent the next year regretting that I hadn't waited for an SE or ideally a Sport. Standard, as you say, has no fogs, but also no centre armrest, no Driver Information System in the dash, no climate control and pretty naff plastic-only steering wheel.

I currently drive one of the newer (last ones made) 1.9TDI and its still very good , especially economy wise, but I definitely miss my old Golf 2.0TDI 140 for not having to carefully plan my overtaking...

I wouldn't buy any less than the Sport, to be honest. And even the Sport version could do with some mods (suspension and wheels).

SE comes with old man wooden trim, high and bouncy suspension, and rubbish wheels. Does come with cruise control though.
Standard is just a 'no no' on every level.
Sport has slightly lowered and stiffened suspension, 17" alloys (although they look quite dated now), piano black interior trim and fogs.

None of these models come with a centre armrest as standard, and only the sport comes with DIS as standard (i'm 99% sure the SE doesn't have the full DIS).

Thanks for the imput, I'll give it miss then. Even though my 206 is naff it is pretty fully loaded, digital climate control, auto light, auto wipers,fog lights, Driver Information System, coated windscreen. So getting a standard would be a downgrade in that respect although its not really a car to compare!!!...lol