Sold my S3, but hello RS4

Car pron....
646743-1.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/646743.htm

ye but that is just so the wrong colour, impo i think its got to be a black avant with black styling pack..

thought about a cab, but the mrs didnt want one,

well put a deposit on the avant on sunday, so will prob take around 10 days, need to take my plate of my S3 as ive sold this private.

bring on V8 power......................
we are so giddy, the mrs was sold when i redlined it in 2nd x 3rd...

Ive also been looking at RS4's in addition to some other cars. Just sold my TTS.

Things worry me are:

1. Price - My local dealer struggled to get £31k for a less than 2 years old saloon.

2. The new S4. Have to say that at roughly £40k for the new S4 Avant with some toys I think it might be a better proposition - even though its not available until March/April. I bought one of my guys a new A4 and the interior just looks a lot more modern than the RS4. The Sat Nav/Media interfaces make the RS4's look like something out of the 90's. If you couple this to low emissions, good mpg and the ability to tune the S4 for a lot less dosh and more gains than the RS4, then to me it means the RS4 could fall a lot further in value and quickly.

Jonathan

I bought one of my guys a new A4 and the interior just looks a lot more modern than the RS4. The Sat Nav/Media interfaces make the RS4's look like something out of the 90's. If you couple this to low emissions, good mpg and the ability to tune the S4 for a lot less dosh and more gains than the RS4, then to me it means the RS4 could fall a lot further in value and quickly.

Jonathan

Totally agree with the interior comments mate!

Although the RS4 is a amazing car, I could not justify spending that sort of money on a car which is getting on now really as you say. New shape A4 out and with a gorgeous interior it makes the RS inside very dated now.....

I hear what you're saying but that engine is something else...and far more entertaining than the dashboard :blackrs4:

I don't actually agree with the interior comments.... I think the RS4 looks more solid and has more of that classic 'german' feel to it.
The new A4/A5 interior is lovely but not necessarily to my taste. The way the dash surrounds the driver looks like a posh version of the old Toyota Supra:

autoxs_supra_dash.jpg

I would agree that there is more to a car than the interior, but even taking the way the RS4 integrates a mobile phone vs the new A4 is a massive difference.

Ive just got shot of my TTS and had the use of the new A4. The way the bluetooth integrated there was way ahead even of the TTS. The DIS even better and the std stereo was way better than Bose in the TTS - which I guess isnt saying a lot as its thats bad.

Back to the driving. The new S4 has lots of toys with the ability to customise the settings - throttle, steering suspension if you select the right options. My guess is that in an A to B blast the S4 will lose nothing to the RS4 and with the ability to tune it an added bonus.

With say £36k (nice spec after discount) to spend in 6 months time I know what I would choose. The RS4 would need to substantially cheaper to make me buy it. I dont think I will be alone in my conclusions.

Fair point, but you'd expect the new A4 interior to be better designed and packed with more advanced technology. Personally I can't say I like the new interior - it looks a little too 80s with that long wide dash with sunked display. Reminds me of an Austin Montego :laugh:
car_photo_283101_25.jpg

efi-interior.jpg

No question that the old RS4 does look more basic inside - it's not as nice as the current A3 with the TT inspired air vents, but it does the job perfectly well.
661072-4.jpg