So I've gone and bought some 19s... :/

Clart

Audi S3
Reaction score
I know not the best choice of size, but I like em and that's all that counts. Can anyone advise on what size tyres will I need? Wheels are 19 x 8, car has been lowered 35mm...

Many thanks :)

Cheers Jo, do you think I could go for a higher profile? Maybe 40mm? Or is that too much to ask?

Phil.

Mmmmm :( Thought you'd say that. I'm running 35mm 18s at the moment and the ride is really harsh.
Gonna look mint but I'm going to feel every little imperfection in our pot holed roads... They'll be fcuked by this time next year LOL :)

Phil.

Last edited:
Next question...

Which premium tyres would you recommend?

Phil.

Just shows my ignorance... :jester:I thought that was the side wall height? :watermelon: Stupid boy... LOL

I don't care about tyre wear as I do next to no miles in the S3, just looking for the best performance...

Nooo! Go with Michelin Pilot sports!
Superb traction & awesome rim protection!

Reactions: Perplexer and Blackwhite
Really??? I've just placed the order... I'm sure it can be cancelled though...
What's it to be folks?
I know nothing... :think:

JoJo, I respect your choice and I'll stick with it!
Hail to the Drift King!!! :racer:

Toyo proxy's, for pure dry weather grip, pricey though, the profile number is the percentage of the width of the tread, so really you should have had 40 profile on your 18s, I use 235/35/19 on mine.

OK now the tyres are sorted and we know they are 19s.....what have you ordered???

@Clart

drage.jpg

I'm going to pull off the stupid G badge on the center cap as it looks Gash!
Love these wheels, I had a set before in 18" but smashed two of them on a pothole.

Last edited:
IMG 0006

My old 18"s... R.I.P.

Reactions: Steven JM and jaykay8L
I loves em Jo :kissmyrings:
I've actually still got the old bent rims LOL.

And the Jade R's on on the S3 at the moment, they really don't suit the car... They will be going straight on the bay!
Can't wait to get these fitted, I'm hoping to get the tyres for Friday...

Last edited:
Reactions: jojo
@jojo im disappointed you havent put a pic of the car with its rims on in its heyday!!

Finally got all four wheels fitted today after my spacers turned up, will post photos up tomorrow.
I fitted the rear wheels yesterday just to check clearances and the ESP didn't like it at all, 19" rear and 18" front, ESP light came on momentarily and cut power or applied brakes or something.:uhm:

Really happy with the Goodyear F1s, they are no where near as harsh a ride as the TOYO's I had before.
:racer:

Reactions: jojo