Smoking an RS6????

Paul Cooper

Reaction score
Ok this sounds a daft question. My two previous cars were rear wheel m3 cab and c63. Just got a new rs6. Long story but it is being returns sooner than it should. If I wanted to light up the tyres, how the hell do I! Traction off and the rs6 just grips and grips. I would love to burn lots of rubber, and no launch control.......
Short of a track day to safely get sideways, anyone help me???

Don't think it's really a 'drifting' car, you'd have to be going mental to get it sideways on a dry road, maybe try it on a golf course or something?

Or is this a wind up?

Reactions: CHEZ
Don't think it's really a 'drifting' car, you'd have to be going mental to get it sideways on a dry road, maybe try it on a golf course or something?

Or is this a wind up?
Honestly no wind up. My dream car was bought by my business that I set up. Then my business partners whom I brought in back stabbed me and are throwing me out. Long story. Car goes back in two weeks. Hoping to toast those tyres!!!!

Yes pour it on then light it and drive off,but its not what i would do with a RS6.

Yes pour it on then light it and drive off,but its not what i would do with a RS6.
Tempting. Not quite the smoking I wanted. In my c63 traction off I could spin the rear all day.
I want to consume the rubber I have paid for... But want the car intact!!

Instead of trashing it why not see if you can do a wheel swap deal with someone?

In fact, if it's on 21s they might look good on my SQ5?

Instead of trashing it why not see if you can do a wheel swap deal with someone?

In fact, if it's on 21s they might look good on my SQ5?
Now I did actually give that a little thought! It is on 21's. Think they are 265 at rear. Is it same spec on the sq5? Where are yiu based?
Couldn't swap wheels. Could swap tyres if that worked.
Love my fast cars. Not very mechanically minded!

Mine are 255s, brand new car though so wouldn't be interested in a tyre swap. Wheels and tyres - maybe - I like the RS wheels, although my wheels are black so probably wouldn't suit you?

Audi can drift and smoke tires if u know how to do it

Burnouts look impossible.

You can drift these though, although wet tarmac helps. That video has a low friction surface which is also wet.

Any very aggressive (not tried launch control) launch plus lots of steering lock generates a slide pretty much immediately. Obvs you need to be in manual and various traction off (as much as they go).

It'd be pretty hard to do a burnout in the RS6. Mine has 285's all round. But even with Stage 2 tune it won't break traction with a launch in the dry. (That's with a 5 second hold on the traction button to turn it all off)

I'd suggest putting some really ****** tires on it for fun and games....Switch them back to the stock grippy ones when being sensible.

Hello, 5 sec to keep it to turn it off and how to turn on just to press again ?

Hello, 5 sec to keep it to turn it off and how to turn on just to press again ?
Yeah. on the C7 RS6 at least. Press and it turns off traction. Press and hold for about 5 sec and it turns off something else (can't remember what).......single press switches it all back on.

ASR and ESP First press is traction control, holding it turns of stability control too

Good question. I've always just turned it off when doing a run.

I'll VBOX one with and without and get back to

I was surprised how stock rs6 0-100 makes in 3,4 sec it's really fast

I was surprised how stock rs6 0-100 makes in 3,4 sec it's really fast

Well, that depends on how they tested it

My personal experience was about the 3.7 seconds Audi advertises.

The 3.4 seconds would be with the 1 foot roll out feature turned on. A feature meant for drag racing. But for some reason, most of the world leaves it on for other testing.

Most manufacturers claims are without the 1ft rollout....With the exception of Nissan. GTR in 2.7 seconds....pfft yeh right. No one in the world has managed this with no rollout. To my knowledge.

here rs6 does 100 in 3.4 sec watch from 12:17 and you see that 3.4 sec was wasted to reach 100 km

here rs6 does 100 in 3.4 sec watch from 12:17 and you see that 3.4 sec was wasted to reach 100 km

You don't know if the 1ft is switched on. I had a Performance Box same as he is using. The setting is in the menu

But i'm pretty sure its switched on in that test. His 0-60km/h time is 1.6. I get about 1.55 - 1.6 in my Stage 2 RS6

Trust me. I did over a dozen 0-100's when my RS6 PE was stock....It never got below 3.7

Trust me. I did over a dozen 0-100's when my RS6 PE was stock....It never got below 3.7

Well Numbers don't lie car is stock in a video I posted

P.s what do you mean : "You don't know if the 1ft is switched on." ?

Well Numbers don't lie car is stock in a video I posted

P.s what do you mean : "You don't know if the 1ft is switched on." ?

There's a setting most performance devices have called '1 foot rollout'.

This setting is usually used to compare against times at the drag strip. At the strip, time doesn't start counting until your wheel crosses the line. This they figure is 1 foot in width.

However, most car testers/journos leave this setting switched on for 0-100's etc.

The times that manufactures normally quote for their vehicles are without the rollout option switched on.

So, the Audi RS6 PE is quoted at 3.7 0-100. This is what I have achieved.

If I look at one of those times with the 1 foot rollout setting on.....it ends up being 3.4 seconds.

Time difference between 1 foot rollout being on or off is 2-4 tenths.

So, the guy in the video (I don't understand the language) probably says "Wow, this car goes quicker than Audi reports"......Well, no it doesn't...it's just that his device didn't start timing until the car moved 1 foot.

EDIT ----Below is a report from a a few runs when my RS6 was stock. Here, you can see the difference in times between normal & 1ft rollout

0-100 KPH -1.000 % 3.921 Seconds 3.487 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH -1.000 % 3.748 Seconds -0.031 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH -1.000 % 3.911 Seconds -0.989 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH (1-Ft) -1.000 % 3.537 Seconds 3.487 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH (1-Ft) -1.000 % 3.421 Seconds -0.031 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH (1-Ft) -1.000 % 3.460 Seconds -0.989 % Results Valid

Sorry to hijack this thread...but I like to be thorough in my explanations.

Last edited:
Well I don't know how he set the performance box but I believe that this car can do 3,4 who knows, maybe I even will get chance to try it

There's a setting most performance devices have called '1 foot rollout'.

This setting is usually used to compare against times at the drag strip. At the strip, time doesn't start counting until your wheel crosses the line. This they figure is 1 foot in width.

However, most car testers/journos leave this setting switched on for 0-100's etc.

The times that manufactures normally quote for their vehicles are without the rollout option switched on.

So, the Audi RS6 PE is quoted at 3.7 0-100. This is what I have achieved.

If I look at one of those times with the 1 foot rollout setting on.....it ends up being 3.4 seconds.

Time difference between 1 foot rollout being on or off is 2-4 tenths.

So, the guy in the video (I don't understand the language) probably says "Wow, this car goes quicker than Audi reports"......Well, no it doesn't...it's just that his device didn't start timing until the car moved 1 foot.

EDIT ----Below is a report from a a few runs when my RS6 was stock. Here, you can see the difference in times between normal & 1ft rollout

0-100 KPH -1.000 % 3.921 Seconds 3.487 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH -1.000 % 3.748 Seconds -0.031 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH -1.000 % 3.911 Seconds -0.989 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH (1-Ft) -1.000 % 3.537 Seconds 3.487 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH (1-Ft) -1.000 % 3.421 Seconds -0.031 % Results Valid
0-100 KPH (1-Ft) -1.000 % 3.460 Seconds -0.989 % Results Valid

Sorry to hijack this thread...but I like to be thorough in my explanations.

Ok, I was wondering what that affected so thanx for the explanation. I have a Vbox sport and that is set off in "config", did 3,9s oem with an RS3 8V so you guys are a little faster ): but that we did know already so..... I have also wonder why their is so big differences between testers and one thing can be fuel quality where they have more or less RON, its for shure gonna affect the result.

I don't know the RS6 at all, but is it worth looking in the fuse panel to see if there is a fuse you can pull to disengage drive to the rear wheels? In Haldex based cars such as the MK4 Golf R32, a fuse can be removed thats cuts power to the Haldex controller so it never engages the rear wheels until the fuse is re-inserted. Even on that car it results in plenty of wheel spin.

PS apologies for bumping an old thread, didn't notice the date of the last post, but anyway, would be interested if this sort of thing applies to an RS6 or not.

AFAIK the RS6 has proper 4 wheel drive, ie torsen mechanical, so pulling a fuse (there actually wont be one) won't do anything to the drive train :)