Smoked or Unsmoked

Quattro colin

Reaction score
Having all the lights smoked today so will post some pics of before and after feedback welcome

Reactions: S3 Turbo
Made me hungry thinking of ham, could also be salmon I guess.

Looking forward to the pics ;o)

Reactions: MattSedg, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Or haddock...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
IMG 0054
IMG 0048
Sound like me always thinking of ur tummy lol

So had the fronts done on a light tint here's some before and afters
Will post some pics up later of the smoked lights
IMG 0051

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, S3 Turbo and 2 others
View attachment 104318 View attachment 104316 Sound like me always thinking of ur tummy lol

So had the fronts done on a light tint here's some before and afters
Will post some pics up later of the smoked lights View attachment 104317

Looking at quotes for my 3 door.. certainly changes the look of the car- looks great.. what did that cost if you don't mind me asking? What level of tint have got up front, and is that total black out on the rear..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Made me hungry thinking of ham, could also be salmon I guess.

Looking forward to the pics ;o)
Your talk of food is making me very hungry :) X

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, S3 Turbo and 1 other person
Looking at quotes for my 3 door.. certainly changes the look of the car- looks great.. what did that cost if you don't mind me asking? What level of tint have got up front, and is that total black out on the rear..

The rear came standard and I haven't changed them left them as they are the only thing I've added is tints to the front and I've gone for the lightest possible
Charged me 40 quid

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and ChivsBang
The rear came standard and I haven't changed them left them as they are the only thing I've added is tints to the front and I've gone for the lightest possible
Charged me 40 quid
Get some pics up, been thinking of this myself !

Reactions: Rob2k68
They look very smart. But be very careful. Front windows, windscreen to B pillar are already smoked to the darkest legal tint allowed by law. Smoking them further you run the risk of being pulled by the Traffics.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others
They look very smart. But be very careful. Front windows, windscreen to B pillar are already smoked to the darkest legal tint allowed by law. Smoking them further you run the risk of being pulled by the Traffics.
To be fair I think u can hardly tell that they are Imo

Charged me 40 quid
Not a bad price at all mate...Looks sorted also..:friends:

Not long now till front n rear lights get done again will post pics of before n after pics gonna go for a light as possible again

Is that on all Audi's Scottyg or just those with tint already ?
Tints on the front windows are already tinted from factory to the legal limit however I've known people have light ones like me n never get bothered however u never know but I think people that have full limo on the fronts are way more likely to get tugged by police
My penny's worth

Tints on the front windows are already tinted from factory to the legal limit however I've known people have light ones like me n never get bothered however u never know but I think people that have full limo on the fronts are way more likely to get tugged by police
My penny's worth
Agreed, I've seen far darker on car front windows, I think it would have to be a v mean policeman to pull you for those :)

Looks awesome, but totally illegal.

I was going to have mine done on the R but the lad who tinted the rears said it was illegal to do so and it would potentially result in 3 points if stopped, so thought better of it

Reactions: Scottyg
Like the tints on the windys...and no doubt the rear light cluster "which on my sportback are really dark to begin with" will look good but on the headlamps.....jeezus you are mental.....lol

Edit...the rears look gash

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, S3 Turbo, davc and 4 others
They're not really singing to me if I'm honest mate .........

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Well chosen words mate.....now how can l not be like that...?lol....

......ok mate just for you........................they look rather pikey??!! Better?? lol

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Each to there own I suppose but more important it's reversible and can easily taken off

Here's a pic wit reflectors done

Reactions: Audi Bairn, S3 Turbo, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Reactions: Audi Bairn, S3 Turbo, Rob2k68 and 2 others
IMG 0057
Wots people opinions on getting rid of the chrome ? Little sample

Reactions: ChivsBang, pburv and Rob2k68
IMG 0058
I sure did and this forum is a wealth of knowledge and opinions so here it is all done

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Simon L and 3 others
Well I wouldn't use black masking tape if yer gonna do it! lol
Hahahahahah it was to try n help me visually see what it would look like and electrical tape was the best thing I had lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, richinsoton, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Hahahahahah it was to try n help me visually see what it would look like and electrical tape was the best thing I had lol

The Front grill would need to done as well mate, if your doing the windy surrounds...???

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
As simon says don't use insulating tape.....Gorrila tape is much better...
Upload 2016 9 24 17 27 27

Reactions: Audi Bairn, richinsoton, S3 Turbo and 2 others
Is that on all Audi's Scottyg or just those with tint already ?

Most, if not all manufacturers use slightly tinted glass on all windows of the car. Legal to darken behind B-pillar but illegal to darken before it.

Have you smoked your front headlights? Or did I mis-read that? If I didn't, again, illegal. It will fail an MOT and PC plods roadside test. Anything reducing light output is dicing with a few points. Hopefully you'll be fine, I just wouldn't want to be in an accident or be stopped with those mods. Sorry if I'm sounding negative, I'm not meaning to, they look great, well windows do. Just don't want you in sticky bubble.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Most, if not all manufacturers use slightly tinted glass on all windows of the car. Legal to darken behind B-pillar but illegal to darken before it.

Have you smoked your front headlights? Or did I mis-read that? If I didn't, again, illegal. It will fail an MOT and PC plods roadside test. Anything reducing light output is dicing with a few points. Hopefully you'll be fine, I just wouldn't want to be in an accident or be stopped with those mods. Sorry if I'm sounding negative, I'm not meaning to, they look great, well windows do. Just don't want you in sticky bubble.
No I haven't done the headlights only the rear lights and reflectors and it is a vinyl wrap called fly eye which there company state it is legal

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Sorry to sound like an old ****, but there are sensible reasons why you should not tint the front windows.

Smoked tail lights just look boy racer (AKA chavvy) to me - sorry

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Quattro colin and 1 other person
Here's one that was de- chromed down the side and around the front grille.. looks good I think

139d376463e3c6664988dbfdf7778e13.jpg

Reactions: S3 Turbo, pburv, Scottyg and 3 others
Here's one that was de- chromed down the side and around the front grille.. looks good I think

139d376463e3c6664988dbfdf7778e13.jpg

This has picture has just confirmed my thoughts cheers dude

Reactions: pburv and ChivsBang