Smashed mirror housing - HELP!

batch

Reaction score
Evening all,
So came home from picking Mrs B up from the station to find some bellend has parked their Citroen C1 halfway across my driveway. Managed to swing out and get around it but, long story short, when reversing back out I caught my drivers side mirror on the fence post and ripped it off!
From what I can see, it's the bit that sits under the mirror cap that has gone - the indicator strip and mirror cap are hanging off and won't reattach and the black plastic part under the mirror is all cracked/broken.
The bezel and front section around the mirror glass itself seems fine - just so I have an initial idea, does anyone have a clue what I've likely broken and maybe a diagram? I'll get onto Audi or mates tomorrow and see what I can organise.
That's my Saturday sorted then!

Reactions: TDI-line and Rob2k68
Oh no !!

Is it electronic folding ? If so I have a spare used RHS one I can do for £75 posted.

Pics in daylight will help mate to see what's repairable or not. It's pretty straightforward to replace either way - is the carbon mirror cap ok ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Flying Scotsman
@Rob2k68 is taking over as the in-house parts dealer :D haha

Reactions: Jassyo06, Joe4842, pburv and 5 others
To make you feel better my Saturday consists of hanging a new door in the kitchen after the dog chewed the original one. He was scared half to death by fireworks in his defence.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Flying Scotsman
To make you feel better my Saturday consists of hanging a new door in the kitchen after the dog chewed the original one. He was scared half to death by fireworks in his defence.
Ahh mate that's no good!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Evening all,
So came home from picking Mrs B up from the station to find some bellend has parked their Citroen C1 halfway across my driveway. Managed to swing out and get around it but, long story short, when reversing back out I caught my drivers side mirror on the fence post and ripped it off!
From what I can see, it's the bit that sits under the mirror cap that has gone - the indicator strip and mirror cap are hanging off and won't reattach and the black plastic part under the mirror is all cracked/broken.
The bezel and front section around the mirror glass itself seems fine - just so I have an initial idea, does anyone have a clue what I've likely broken and maybe a diagram? I'll get onto Audi or mates tomorrow and see what I can organise.
That's my Saturday sorted then!
I hope you relieved the C1 of its wing mirrors and are selling them as scrap to part fund replacing yours.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, azibux1 and 1 other person
I hope you relieved the C1 of its wing mirrors and are selling them as scrap to part fund replacing yours.
No, but when the snow melts she will have a VERY c**ty note in a sealed plastic snap bag to read.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, batch and 1 other person
I have two sets of mirrors for sale if needed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have two sets of mirrors for sale if needed.

Thanks RCN - I may have to take you up on that if I can't get @Rob2k68 's donation to work. As mine has Side Assist I think I'm going to have to make one good one from what's left of mine, and his!

Reactions: rcnacura and Rob2k68
They don't have side assist, but you can put your existing into them (its 2 addition wires I believe), I'd have to sell as a pair. DM me.

Does anyone know if there will be any issues using a US mirror? Found one cheap, has Side Assist, just want to make sure there's nothing missing/incompatible.

Mirror glass itself if anything convex vs flat