SMART repair ?

oli356

Reaction score
When I collected my car in October I don't remember there being any problems on the panels, I drove it once into town the same day and then it was parked up in an underground work car park for a week while I was on holiday. When I returned my friend noticed this.....

I've yet to do anything about it. Does it look like it could be dealt with by a SMART repair? I really don't understand how this happened with like the 2 small pin dots, but then the loss of paint at the edge of the door is strange also..either way. Trying to get an idea how much it would cost to fix ... I could forget about it, until people get in my car and ask if I know its there!

dYWWfga.jpg

DVuWjzm.jpg

2IUBaBh.jpg

I just hate it that people do that to other people's property and walk off. Beautiful colour.

Ask one or two SMART repairers - they'll soon tell you if it's possible and how much it will cost. :whistle2:

I had a similar dent in mine last year. The smart repair guy fixed it without any issues. It cost £350 but he painted the front wing and door to get rid of straches after someone hit my car in the car park.

Reactions: oli356
I just hate it that people do that to other people's property and walk off. Beautiful colour.
Yeah, worst thing is I don't even know where it happened. The damage at the edge of the door looks like I would have caused it myself by opening the door... but I don't think I even opened that door. Oh well, what happened happened.

Ask one or two SMART repairers - they'll soon tell you if it's possible and how much it will cost. :whistle2:
Shot off a few emails for quotes, was just wondering if anyone had similar jobs done to get an idea :)

Sorry to see the damage to your car. Hope you get it sorted and it don’t cost to much Oli.

It should be OK to fix, the thing that makes it slightly harder is that the dents are right on the style line. I've seen worse in work and dings are just popped out when not near style lines!

The 3rd pic looks like the door has been opened onto something, rather than something has hit it!

@S32B Yeah it does look like the door was opened, but no clue how when where!

Went to one place this morning for a quote as they wanted to see it in person, £110 inc parts (touch up pen @ £12) and labor to remove the dent and just touch it up. That should make it good enough he thinks, alternative would be blending it in from the beginning of the door, all the way down.. so more like £400.

I’ve just paid £360 for mine to be done. This included dent being pulled out, filled and then two doors blended as mine was right at the bottom of the door on a crease line. Did a pretty good job but noticed some imperfections in the paint and they swirled my paint when washing it and scratched it. Luckily they’re repairing all of this and polishing it for me.

Reactions: oli356 and S32B
@S32B Yeah it does look like the door was opened, but no clue how when where!

Went to one place this morning for a quote as they wanted to see it in person, £110 inc parts (touch up pen @ £12) and labor to remove the dent and just touch it up. That should make it good enough he thinks, alternative would be blending it in from the beginning of the door, all the way down.. so more like £400.
Just looked where you are, too far away from me :( a mate of mine does it for a living! Keep the touch up pen if you go with them lol, £98 fix then :p

Just looked where you are, too far away from me :( a mate of mine does it for a living! Keep the touch up pen if you go with them lol, £98 fix then :p
No time to be near Cheshire anytime soon :(!

Yeah the guy said I'd be able to keep the pen too, so that's useful I suppose lol.. I've got my dad to ask the body shop people at his work (BMW garage, although he leaves next week!)

On my last A3 I had this happen to me, there was also a bulge on the crease. Different places were giving different quotes (new bumper £1k, or expensive repairs £700~) - these guys made it unnoticeable for like £300 or something...
IMG 20160812 WA0039

Hopefully the S3 has no more damage during its life... /touch wood :)

No time to be near Cheshire anytime soon :(!

Yeah the guy said I'd be able to keep the pen too, so that's useful I suppose lol.. I've got my dad to ask the body shop people at his work (BMW garage, although he leaves next week!)

On my last A3 I had this happen to me, there was also a bulge on the crease. Different places were giving different quotes (new bumper £1k, or expensive repairs £700~) - these guys made it unnoticeable for like £300 or something...
View attachment 148207

Hopefully the S3 has no more damage during its life... /touch wood :)
wow £1k for a bumper! you should see how they get thrown around in work before being fitted!!!

Ive had a bad experience at a “smart repairer” in my local area. I had a score/dent down side of door. Took them 2 attempts to get it right. First time was covered in swirl marks, paint wasnt levelled off properly, and paint was missing on edge of the door where it looks like it was rubbed off whilst still wet. Actually ended up worse than when it went in. When I eventually did collect the car, every single seat was covered in dust, including my child seat. Absolute disgrace. So to answer your question, I would rather pay more for the dealer to do it