Small coolant leak from expansion tank

evilbane

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could help, I noticed a very small amount of coolant leaking from a small pipe at the back of the coolant expansion tank (the side with the bolt on show). It has some kind of sensor then a pipe attached. I'm thinking the very small o-ring has failed on it so am hoping replacing it will solve the problem. The only problem is I don't know the part number?
0a610c77.jpg

Maybe it just needs removing & repositioning.

I've tried that, unclipped it and swung the small o-ring around then re-seated it. Still a leak present.

Assume the o-ring is on the white plastic pipe of the reservoir, you can buy a kit of rings at Halfords of varying sizes, audi parts usually keep a large array kit aswell.

No, the small o-ring is on the actual plug itself.so will be very hard to replace it without over stretching a new o-ring over the top of the switch. It may be the actual tubing that's leaking. I cant seem to find the part numbers for anything attached to the expansion tank.

Ye I have the parts numbers now thanks. What do you mean by "Excessive pressure" as I thought the system was a pressurised one (it hisses when you unscrew the expansion tank lid)