Single tip exhaust to twin tip exhaust conversion

soulwaffle

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to convert the single tip exhaust to twin. I've searched around and found people were having the twin tips welded on. Is this the best way? Or is there a guide to doing it? Any recommendations on exhaust tips?

Weld on or get a twin tip back box modified to fit. But you’d also have to cut the bumper

Reactions: soulwaffle
Weld on or get a twin tip back box modified to fit. But you’d also have to cut the bumper

Thanks for the response. I've seen a rear-diffuser from body-kit (reiger) for the twin pipes. Is the twin pipe back box welded onto the rest of the exhaust or held by clamps?

hmm is the process of welding similar to this:

Any recommendations on where to take it?

I don’t know what model you have but generally the back box has a right angle tube that is clamped to the mid section.

Bumping my own thread. Advice required. I'm looking at the milltek dpf back exhaust system or going to bcs powervalve. What im trying to achieve is setting up for 225-230bhp. Will a dpf back system be sufficient for this? To add, the DPF and EGR have been "cleaned". So, something like this:
DPF Back -> DPF -> ??? down pipe??? -> Turbo

Thanks in advance!

Bumping my own thread. Advice required. I'm looking at the milltek dpf back exhaust system or going to bcs powervalve. What im trying to achieve is setting up for 225-230bhp. Will a dpf back system be sufficient for this? To add, the DPF and EGR have been "cleaned". So, something like this:
DPF Back -> DPF -> ??? down pipe??? -> Turbo

Thanks in advance!

have you got a bigger turbo or is your car a stock 170? CR or PD because 230 with a dpf with everything else stock is dreaming territory

have you got a bigger turbo or is your car a stock 170? CR or PD because 230 with a dpf with everything else stock is dreaming territory

The car is the CR140 running with a remap. A bigger turbo is part of the plan. Granted, I'm doing this bit by bit. I was hoping to get brakes, exhaust, intercooler (S3 8p), and suspension done first before going for either the 170 turbo or another. I'm still reading round on the subject and this will be a gradual process.

The car is the CR140 running with a remap. A bigger turbo is part of the plan. Granted, I'm doing this bit by bit. I was hoping to get brakes, exhaust, intercooler (S3 8p), and suspension done first before going for either the 170 turbo or another. I'm still reading round on the subject and this will be a gradual process.

stock 170 vehicles reach 215-220 realistically without black smoke

In terms of power increase mods, my suggestion would be to do the turbo first then DPF Delete/exhaust afterwards which compliment the set up.

for now just get some clamp on twin rear tip

stock 170 vehicles reach 215-220 realistically without black smoke

In terms of power increase mods, my suggestion would be to do the turbo first then DPF Delete/exhaust afterwards which compliment the set up.

for now just get some clamp on twin rear tip

Is it possible to use a gutted DPF as opposed to a DPF delete pipe?

That would be more preferable come mot time as a dpf delete is a fail.

Nah, unfortunately not. It's a 2WD. So, is my setup correctly defined? Gutted DPF -> DPF Back exhaust system

I have 220hp in Quattro, FWD would struggle to maximise use of the additional torque.

Gutted DPF will work and just need your exhaust on the end. It will need a remap to delete EGR/DPF of course.

I have 220hp in Quattro, FWD would struggle to maximise use of the additional torque.

Gutted DPF will work and just need your exhaust on the end. It will need a remap to delete EGR/DPF of course.

Yes, I figured it being a FWD/2WD, I guess LSD is the answer! And appreciate all of the responses.

Hmm, so ringing around asking if the Milltek SSXAU330 - Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170BHP 2WD SPORTBACK DPF Particulate Filter-back Exhaust will fit the 140bhp version. Nobodies too sure. I'm wondering if the only difference is, the twin pipe cut out at the back?

Slight update, turns out I need a Exhaust reducer connector pipe. I guess one going from the DPF to the cat.

Bumping my own thread for anyone who wants to pursue this update.
1/ Received the exhaust next day (considering its Christmas, impressive)
2/ The exhaust itself comes with a reducer (58mm) which fits onto my oem exhaust (2.25inches)
3/ no issues fitting it. Did use exhaust paste
4/ Because the CR140 is a single tip cut out, you will need to purchase another exhaust hanger mount for the right side of the muffler. The holes are already there (facelift - 2010) so one can be screwed in.

Whats it sound like? Quite pleasant, you may be a little disappointed if you're expecting more. Might be an idea to delete the muffler if you want more noise. Granted, I've not taken it for a drive as I need to purchase the mount

Edit: It's a milltek

Managed to get the exhaust mount for the rear silencer. So, just the one issue - the tips are flush with the rear valance and I cannot get them out any further (adjustable tips). If I move the rear silencer any further back it'll touch the lower bumper lip. I believe there is some difference between the s-line and sportback bumper. Will see if Milltek cant help.

As for the sound, the exhaust note is nice but as mentioned above its barely noticeable from stock. If you want more noise then delete the rear silencer.

Any thoughts on this? The tips sit in a little too much and these are adjustable from the exhaust tips. If I move the rear silencer any further back it'll touch the lower bumper (see pic).

Attachments

• 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 139