single din to double

martin1984

Reaction score
hi my a4 b7 has a single din radio im picking up a aftermarket double din. where do i get the double din cage if needed any advice please.

Is it just the plastic around the AC that needs changing? Or the whoel thing? does it work well trimmed? Any information on doing this would be great!

hi my a4 b7 has a single din radio im picking up a aftermarket double din. where do i get the double din cage if needed any advice please.
Try our parts request system. Link in my signature or link at top of forum home page
@mjr901

Hi got my cage from my local audi as was cheaper than a second hand 1 trimming the unit is trial and error as I took too much off but looks OK

Is it just the plastic around the AC that needs changing? Or the whoel thing? does it work well trimmed? Any information on doing this would be great!
I'm at work but there's a good guide ilk find the link just take your time also when I took my glove box out I ended up with the air bag light coming on.

Martin I not sure if you have looked at this option instead of going down you could go up the double mounting cage you would have to file round the corners and its not a perfect fit, lose the cup holder and move the hazard warning switch ( I moved mine down to where the parking brake is ) ESP switch I've never used so I have to reconnect it, also the mounting plate for the cup holder inside the console will have to be cut so the double din unit will slide in

either up or down its roughly the same a mount of work I only went up because I didn't want to loose the cubby hole below the heater controls

Martin I not sure if you have looked at this option instead of going down you could go up the double mounting cage you would have to file round the corners and its not a perfect fit, lose the cup holder and move the hazard warning switch ( I moved mine down to where the parking brake is ) ESP switch I've never used so I have to reconnect it, also the mounting plate for the cup holder inside the console will have to be cut so the double din unit will slide in

either up or down its roughly the same a mount of work I only went up because I didn't want to loose the cubby hole below the heater controls
hi i did mine a few weeks ago now i never thought of your way.