Side TYRE DAMAGE, KEEP OR BIN WITH PICTURES

Denispearl

Reaction score
Hi guys. Got that"beauty" on the rear wheel. Is it safe to use? Don't see any metal cords or similar exposed. Police/mot safe? Thanks

Attachments

• 20181124_092010.jpg
    20181124_092010.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
Personally I would leave, as slice is at thee thickest part of the tyre. But start researching tyre prices, as deals might be had now. Worked as tyre fitter for a few years, and this is only a personal opinion.
Or swap for spare, if you have a full size spare.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Personally I would leave, as slice is at thee thickest part of the tyre. But start researching tyre prices, as deals might be had now. Worked as tyre fitter for a few years, and this is only a personal opinion.
Or swap for spare, if you have a full size spare.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk[/QUOTe

Thanks mate. If it's not a trouble magnet from police/mot point of view will keep it for a while. Can I mix old/new rear tyres or has to be replaced as a pair? Thanks

Tyres need to be same size per axle. Upto you if you want to use old one. Just never use that tyre leak spray. Basically it is Copydex in a methane aresol. And tyre shops will hate you. I always have tyre plug strip kit, which aren't mot approved, but if you are in a pinch, they can be a savour. Tyre bay direct has great stuff, but they don't have everything. These are recommended : https://carpimoto.it/en-GB/29682_50...hUKEwiRqeyB8OzeAhVP2qQKHY55CsMQ9QEwBXoECAEQBQ

Tyres need to be same size per axle. Upto you if you want to use old one. Just never use that tyre leak spray. Basically it is Copydex in a methane aresol. And tyre shops will hate you. I always have tyre plug strip kit, which aren't mot approved, but if you are in a pinch, they can be a savour. Tyre bay direct has great stuff, but they don't have everything. These are recommended : https://carpimoto.it/en-GB/29682_50...hUKEwiRqeyB8OzeAhVP2qQKHY55CsMQ9QEwBXoECAEQBQ

Cool, mate. Thanks

Just stick that loose bit back, it's fine, you will have no problems, i had one similar & asked mot station before test & they said it would not fail but to secure it back in place.

Just stick that loose bit back, it's fine, you will have no problems, i had one similar & asked mot station before test & they said it would not fail but to secure it back in place.
Thanks joinerman . Much appreciated