Seat Leon Type R - Front cupholder same as S3 8L?

Inspector

Reaction score
Hi,

The price in parts is significant, they look the same although the mechanism is different.

Will it fit?

Thanks

leon was based around a pre facelift dash, and pre facelift S3's never got the cup holder to my knowledge, so I don't think it'll fit

leon was based around a pre facelift dash, and pre facelift S3's never got the cup holder to my knowledge, so I don't think it'll fit

Cheers, just quite a bit cheaper. No worries, i'll keep seaching

Cheers, just quite a bit cheaper. No worries, i'll keep seaching
I had an old audi a2 with cup holders they look to be the same tbh..(might not be though) but worth a look. And if they are I broke my old a2 and think I still have the cup holder lying around in my garage if I do find it you can have it just cover postage

I had an old audi a2 with cup holders they look to be the same tbh..(might not be though) but worth a look. And if they are I broke my old a2 and think I still have the cup holder lying around in my garage if I do find it you can have it just cover postage
From a quick google, they look the same.

If you would do that, that would be awesome! I'd really appreciate it.

From a quick google, they look the same.

If you would do that, that would be awesome! I'd really appreciate it.
I'm quite busy with work atm so will try and have a look on saturday..hopefully I find it. I do remember seeing it a few months back

I retro fitted a polo cup holder into my car, was the same era - 6n? Fitted in the dash nicely with only a little work with a file. Part numbers will be on here via the search button, might need to go back to the dawn of time though

I'll have a look. its a shame this forum isn't as active for S3 8L's. Seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people and helpful people though.

It used to be very busy this section but seems Facebook and other social media platforms have taken over.
Still is helpful but sometimes you might just have to wait a bit longer for a reply than normal.