Seat LCR Control Arm Bushings on S3

ceS3r

Reaction score
Hi all. So, I've been diagnosed that my bushings are bad. Due to the fact that I live in Venezuela, spare parts are very difficult to get, sometimes you just need to buy whatever you can find except for the exact part you're looking for. Somebody is offering me a Cupra Control Arm Bushing part number 1ML407182 (the small one). According to partsbase that part is only for cupra, but i've been looking on the internet and it looks exactly the same to me. I know that Audi TT/S3 bushings are a little bight stiffer than the other ones, but, once again, I live in Venezuela and it's all I can get at the moment. My question is, would it do any damage to fit this bushing instead of the S3 one? Or is it in fact the same?

I've got the same dilemma with the big bushing (the one that looks like a doughnut. They're offering me the standard GolfGTI/A3 bushing part number 1J0407181. Can I fit this one too?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Almost forgot.. Audi S3 8L BAM 2003

Won't do any damage as such but they are voided so will be more compliant... ok for normal day to day driving but may make the handling feel less connected when pressing on a bit...

Could you not just get these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400460034723

<tuffty/>

Won't do any damage as such but they are voided so will be more compliant... ok for normal day to day driving but may make the handling feel less connected when pressing on a bit...

Could you not just get these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400460034723

<tuffty/>
If it were for me, ofc I would get the ones that are for the S3, but I haven't been able to find them in the country, and importing here is not the first choice either. I'm gonna keep looking then to see if I can find the bushings. Thank you Tuffty

mk1 Cupra, A3 and mk4 Golf all use a 30mm font bush, where as S3, TT and Cupra R use a 45mm bush - With the exception of some very early TT's that had a 30mm bush but that was changed on recall to 45mm when people started crashing them, so in theory there should be very few 30mm TT arms about...

Also, I'm fairly certain the mk4/Cupra/A3 main bush (doughnut) is slightly smaller than the S3/TT/LCR bush and therefore will also not fit...

So basically, no. . . You need to find bushes to suit any of the following:
mk1 Leon Cupra R (not cupra)
S3 8l
TT 8N
Mk4 Golf R32

May even be worth looking at poly bushes from over seas or something?

mk1 Cupra, A3 and mk4 Golf all use a 30mm font bush, where as S3, TT and Cupra R use a 45mm bush - With the exception of some very early TT's that had a 30mm bush but that was changed on recall to 45mm when people started crashing them, so in theory there should be very few 30mm TT arms about...

Also, I'm fairly certain the mk4/Cupra/A3 main bush (doughnut) is slightly smaller than the S3/TT/LCR bush and therefore will also not fit...

So basically, no. . . You need to find bushes to suit any of the following:
mk1 Leon Cupra R (not cupra)
S3 8l
TT 8N
Mk4 Golf R32

May even be worth looking at poly bushes from over seas or something?

Thank you VAG-slag, you provided all the information I needed. Okay then I'll be trying to get at least Cupra R Bushings due to the fact that the LCR is very common in this country while the S3 there're only 20!!!

ve6wif.jpg

Just bought this today, the guy who sold it to me told me that was the one for the TT/LCR/S3, and it actually looks like it, but it has a part number printed that says 1J0407181 which is strange as this is the one for the A3 GTI etc, but it looks the same to me.

ve6wif.jpg

Just bought this today, the guy who sold it to me told me that was the one for the TT/LCR/S3, and it actually looks like it, but it has a part number printed that says 1J0407181 which is strange as this is the one for the A3 GTI etc, but it looks the same to me.

Just having a quick look about on the internet, the mk4/A3 bush doesn't appear to be solid like the one you have there. They generally seem to be like this one:
http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1k_pL...m-b-font-font-b-Bushings-b-font-VW-Beetle.jpg

Might be worth taking the old arm off and checking for size against that. . . I just know that when I tried to put a A3 poly bush in a TT arm the other week it was rattling about everywhere!