1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish/northerners retrofit.

AlS3BE Aug 22, 2018

1. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

I’m trying to convince djalix to come to sunny Scotland to do a couple of retrofits for me but to make it worthwhile I’m trying to arrange a host of works for him.
    I think it only fair for those that want to commit to this we should pay a deposit or pay for parts as it wouldn’t be fair for alix if there are no shows. That’s just my opinion though I’m sure between us we can work something out.
    I might be able to arrange use of a big industrial unit so works can be done indoors but there’s no ramps. Might have to make a small donation to a charity though.

So add to this list if there’s something you are interested in getting done and note your location

1. AlS3BE(me) rear camera, dash cams and maybe front parking sensors. North of Edinburgh and a stone throw away from knockhill.

Audi Bairn, JonnyS3 and Sandra like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. JonnyS3

JonnyS3 Member

I would be keen on some coding being done and would be interested in front and rear dash cam (if someone can ease my fears of DAB interference).

Based just outside edinburgh but willing to travel a bit.

Sandra and AlS3BE like this.
  4. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Well-Known Member Team Navarra TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic DSG

I'd seriously consider front and rear dash cams for both our S3 and TT. But I'd need guidance on what to buy.
    I'm very close to you too!

jassyo06 and AlS3BE like this.
  5. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

Might be worth a Pm to Alix or a post in the forums. Think from what I read on here and my general research was the Audi utr as it’s a kit and easy for noobies like me to fit. Now if we can convince Alix for a trip I’m open to suggestions. The thinkware ones seems highly rated on here.

6. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

7. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

If we can get enough people / cars / work then I would be more than happy to make the trip up and do an over night or whatever is needed.

AlS3BE likes this.
  8. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

Get up here for a visit @DJAlix :whistle2::friends::thumbs up::yes:

JG

jassyo06 and AlS3BE like this.
  9. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Get some cars lined up then! 2 Day Scottish ASN meet? :)

10. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

Can you fit ADS button to match up with ADS on my MMI? If so pm me a price, it'll save me doing it. :thumbs up:

JG

11. DJAlix

PM me your reg so I can see whats needed etc

JG51 AUD likes this.
  12. Avatar

13. JonnyS3

JonnyS3 Member

So what do we realistically think the magic number is in terms of folk we need ?

14. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

I was thinking that it’s more to do with the amount of work rather than number of folk.
    20 guys wanting coding can be done in a day whereas 5 guys wanting rear camera will take probably longer and maybe less profitable(sorry I’m an accountant money is always in the equation to me :p)

@DJAlix what do you think?

15. DJAlix

If people can start giving me an idea of what works they are looking for I can start running the numbers.

16. Pook

Pook Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

Well for me if a newcastle stopoff was possible enroute to/from scotland mine would be the folding mirrors to my 8V, possibly a bit of coding additions too if anything takes my fancy.

17. DJAlix

If I were to be popping up to Scotland I would be hopping a flight. Driving up would take too much time and add to the cost.

18. Pook

Pook Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

Ah k no worries Alex appreciate that. If it were near the border I could drive a little bit would all depend really

19. JonnyS3

JonnyS3 Member

@DJAlix
    In terms of what i’d Be interested in;
    - 2 CH Dashcam install - likely Blackvue DR900s. Any experience with the DAB interference that many reference ?

And then some coding, most i think is your basic config but maybe one or two additional ones;
    - beep on lock
    - Beep on unlock
    - control the above through MMI
    - park distance on MMI screen
    - passenger mirror dip in reverse
    - oil temps on the other menus apart from lap timer
    - can you reduce the frequency of the headlight washers ?
    - DRL brightness level increase
    - motorway turn signal count increase
    - Soundaktor adjustment
    - would be interested in chatting about TPMS and what can be done there
    - Auto rain closing (if it is possible on my car)

Cheers

20. Bayzoo

Bayzoo Glovebox Demon TeamMisano Audi S3

@DJAlix

I’m based in Edinburgh and would have the ASS upgrade and Cruise Control retrofits, if you were to pop up.

Thanks

AlS3BE likes this.
  21. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

@DJAlix
    Are we getting close to the numbers?

22. DJAlix

Not forgotten, just need to find some time to sit down and work it out.

23. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

No worries. Been quite expensive month for me so take your time ;-)

24. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

Interested in reversing camera - is it supply and fit and coding or just coding?
    Based Falkirk area.

25. A3simon

A3simon Well-Known Member

I’m up in Aberdeen but could travel depending on dates. Interested in rear camera

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

26. DJAlix

I need to build a picture of what people are after and something I can work on off-line. So can anyone interested in having works completed please email me on alex@vagcarcoding.com in the following format so my server can filter the mails in to a special project folder:

Subject: Scottish Works
    Body:
    • Vehicle
    • Year
    • Reg or VIN number
    • Description of needed works
    So an example would be:

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 22.15.40.png

Please note that the reg or VIN number is key here as if needed I can reference factory design database in order to see whats needed in order to complete the works within your car and quote an exact price. It saves a lot of time and messing about.

Once I can build a picture of what works are needed I can then work out how long I would need to be in Scotland, what tools would be needed and a budget.

If there is enough interest then I might be able to work out special pricing :)

JG51 AUD, Audi Bairn and AlS3BE like this.
  27. A3simon

Done

28. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

29. JonnyS3

JonnyS3 Member

And me.

Cheers.

30. Dunedin

Dunedin Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A3 S-line owners group

Based Edinburgh, email sent

31. A3simon

Any idea when this might be? I work away a lot so I’d like to be able to get the work done.

32. DJAlix

Still a work on progress. Have had a few emails so will sit down and digest the information tomorrow and update.

AlS3BE and A3simon like this.
  33. Avatar

34. AWP

AWP New Member Team Scuba Audi A3 S-line owners group S tronic

Late to the party, Usual. :blahblah1: Email sent anyways !! :respekt:

35. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

Will try and email asap.

36. DJAlix

Guys,

Am gonna start crunching the numbers in anger tonight and will update tomorrow. Am looking at the possibility of spending a few days in your part of the world, possibly working with / from D H Automotive.

37. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

Sounds good. 20 minutes from me.

38. A3simon

Perfect can maybe get some bits done by Dave same time depending when it is. Now I’m hoping it is when I’m home from work.

39. DJAlix

Guys,

Quotes going out via email in a bit.

AWP, JonnyS3 and AlS3BE like this.
  40. JonnyS3

JonnyS3 Member

Ace - will keep an eye out over the weekend.

41. JG51 AUD

@DJAlix,

as earlier requested, I sent you a pm with my details and work required, do you want an email also, or will you just pm me a quote?

Don't be adding on the price of your kilt hire to my quote! :whistle2: :cold:

JG

AlS3BE and Sandra like this.
  42. DJAlix

lol A cypriot in a kilt, that could be a first maybe :)

Is cool, I have notes from when we spoke at / after AiTP10.

Emails have been delayed as I jumped the gun a little and posted about sending them out before I was actually ready. I just need to confirm the works needed by one person as this will affect the order all pricing if I make an assumption.

AlS3BE, JG51 AUD and Sandra like this.
  43. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Would this post Stretch to the 8p section too as there is probably some guys there who maybe take this offer up ,