Saying Goodbye......... Soon..... New car ordered!!!

Tony1982

Reaction score
Well it's been a while since I've posted on here but I have been lurking quietly in the background most days. Anyway I thought I'd make a little post to share my news. So I've had the S3 for nearly 2 years and since day one I've done 21000 miles, 3500 of which were on a road trip from northern Germany to the south coast of Italy and back when my S3 was only 3 months old. It has never skipped a beat and I have genuinely loved it, can't really fault it to be honest, it's a real cracker of a little car, never had a single problem! The only thing I would change is that I would probably get a saloon if I were to get another S3. That said, the time has come to move on. So, what am I getting now? I thought I wanted an S4, so I ordered one in December. Ever since getting the S3 I always thought I would move into an S4 when I was done with it, but a few weeks after ordering I started thinking about what other cars were out there. I went looking at the 3 and 5 series BMWs, really liked the new 5 series over the 3 as I've had a 3 series before. Also looked at the Mercedes C class and for about an hour considered becoming a boy racer again with a Focus RS!!! Well, I didn't like the mercedes too much and although I did like the 5 series Beemer, the S4 was still winning and my Mrs flat out refused us having a Focus RS. Then a few days into the new year I randomly and spontaneously test drove a Jaguar XE S when I popped out to do some shopping. Long story short......... S4 order has been cancelled and I will take delivery of the Jag XE S in March.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, THX and 4 others
Good luck mate what do you prefer on the Jag .

Reactions: pburv
Good luck mate what do you prefer on the Jag .

Well a few things really, I do love Audi but if I compare the S4 to the Jag, the S4 just felt a bit numb in comparison. I've no doubt I'll miss the all wheel drive though for the plant your foot in any condition and know it's still going to go straight, i'll have to be careful getting used to RWD again. I love the look of the Jag over the S4, It just looks great and I'd never considered Jag before as they always looked awful to me but these new Jags have really changed from old. Admittedly the interior in the Audi is a lot cleaner and probably just tops the Jag but one big reason for me was sitting in an S3 and then an S4 there was no major striking difference, it felt like I was moving into a slightly bigger, slightly more refined car but ultimately felt too similar, I like that moving into a jag I know and feel right away that it is a different car - this is why I didn't move into an RS3 when I had the chance nearly 12 months ago, it was ****** identical and if I'm totally honest didn't drive like it was £10k more out of my wallet. I Love that it's British too! Another reason was the discount offered by Jag. Overall the Jag was more expensive without any discounts but Audi just couldn't match Jags discounts - Audi offered 10% as well as being tax free whereas Jag offered 24% as well as tax free. So a no brainer really - I'm getting a 48k car for 30k with a guaranteed buy back of more than I will have paid after 13 months.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and THX
Screen%20Shot%202017-01-29%20at%2014.14.11_zps6ih4qclw.png

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Richierich37 and 4 others
Good luck with the Jag Tony.
Look forward to hearing your review of it once you've clocked up some miles.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Tony1982
Can understand the financial decision made.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
How on earth did you manage 24%? Staff discount is only 20% as far as I'm aware.

Good work!

@Tony1982 the Motor trend channel on youtube has the XE-S against the BMW 335I and the Jag wipes the floor with it....all the best with the Jag...

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Hmmmm i've contemplated the XE S as well, mainly because it has a supercharged V6 unit, and the new S5 doesn't...it also looks lovely and would be a good change!

Congrats buddy...might have to look at those discounts because 24% is ridiculous!

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
How on earth did you manage 24%? Staff discount is only 20% as far as I'm aware.

Good work!

Military posted overseas mate, 24% military discount and then 20% Tax off too. The job does come with it's perks every now and then ;)

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, DrEskimo and 2 others
@Tony1982 the Motor trend channel on youtube has the XE-S against the BMW 335I and the Jag wipes the floor with it....all the best with the Jag...

I'll have to give it a watch. Cheers.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Military posted overseas mate, 24% military discount and then 20% Tax off too. The job does come with it's perks every now and then ;)

Ah... gotcha.

A well deserved discount.

Reactions: Rob2k68

A bit of a no brainer with that discount and it is a nice car. Also agree with your reasoning over the other models you listed and if it does not live up to expectations, you can flog it for little financial loss.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Car looks fab Tony !!

Enjoy the Jaaaaaag ;o)

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06