Sat nav update

Phil73

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with downloading the latest sat nav update? I have done it once before so know the process, but Audi site keeps timing out and takes multiple logins to continue. Downloaded it once but then card not recognised by car despite having used it before? Java is upto date?

I had no problems when I did this the other week. Maybe audi servers are being a bit flaky but what sd card are you using, not one over 32gb I trust?

I downloaded mine to 64gb card but it didn't find anything on it.
Might try 32GB then.

Audi sat nav updates for the mmi systems fitted to the A4 and the A3 will not work with a card larger than 32gb for some reason...

Reactions: hmy7k
Try doing it using a USB stick.

I had issues when using SD card, went straight in on USB.

Thanks, will try that, but the main issue is getting the update to actually download without timing out on the pc. Ha s anyone had a problem with the latest update on their pc?

Thanks, will try that, but the main issue is getting the update to actually download without timing out on the pc. Ha s anyone had a problem with the latest update on their pc?
Worked fine for me about a week ago except it was very slow to download even with 77Mb download speed at this end.
I think it took 14 hours to download 16gb which would normally be done in a fraction of that.

I have given up with USB/SD Card route, I have just connected the car to the house wifi and started an online download.
It was about 4.6Gb for all the countries I could possibly visit.
Its running now.
You could just do it on your SIM card but that would gobble up quite a lot of my allowance.

Quite, and also I should point out the nav update is not available to download to sd card based mmi systems..

Anyone know how to connect the car to wifi?
I've done it before but cannot for the life of me remember how I did it.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't appear to have a Map Update section under My Service.

Yeah I don't have it either! :S

Edit: Audi Connect then map update. Found it

Edit 2: 13GB downloading at 500kb... going to take a while

Last edited:
I leave mine overnight as, once its dowloaded, it then does a verify then copies it across from a temporary folder to the sd card...

Reactions: iambu
I am not saying it won't however generally you are less likely to have issues with a windows based pc as posted in this thread. I was not trying to start a windows versus os x debate...

Last edited:
Nor was I just letting other Apple users know that it does work.

Reactions: Rob_F, cuke2u and iambu
Alternatively, if you have MY17 (not sure if it works the same on My16) - I just updated my map over the built in data service.

No need for Wi-Fi - just kicked it off yesterday, and got a message this evening it was successfully updated! :)