Sat Nav Plus Features

V

Veedub18

hi chaps.
Do any of you have the Sat Nav Plus, as I've added this as an option for my soon to be ordered S3 and cant find out much about it on the Audi site?

A few questions if anyone can kindly answer for me,

With the Sat Nav on, can you have music in the background or can you only have 1 thing on at a time? I'd expect it to play music but quieten automatically when a voice comment is made or something.

Can it play normal DVD movies when stopped, and can it get TV channels at all, or do you need to add something to get that to work.

I read somewhere that if you have the Sat Nav you wont need to have the iPod or USB adapter as it will play music from SSD cards. Do you just put MP3 files on the card then slot it into the card slot and it'll show the song titles?

Oh and I've added Bose to the list of extras!

Thanks all.

Hi, it does exactly what you say, it brings the music volume down to a lower level then speaks the nav comand then goes back to previous volume. As for DVD's they can't be played and you can't get TV although these can both be achived but not through Audi, would need to do it with aftermarket parts. You can put music on SSD cards and I think it comes up with the track title although I'm not sure. Personally I have the ipod connection. If you seach the forum on Nav plus you will prob find quite abit about it I think.

Do you buy it after you've got the can then, because I didn't see it in the options list when I bought mine?

I've just fitted an RNS-E for myself, doesn't take long and cost me £530 inc the original DVD.

The only other thing really is the issue with the antenna fault code but I'm looking into sorting that out. There is a guide on here but also Kufatec have some parts which look like they might work.

I've just fitted an RNS-E for myself, doesn't take long and cost me £530 inc the original DVD.

The only other thing really is the issue with the antenna fault code but I'm looking into sorting that out. There is a guide on here but also Kufatec have some parts which look like they might work.

Hi VRStu
Where would I get one from, and would it be a simple fit for a novice? I already have VCDS if thats required.

Thanks

Should add there are plenty of guides about as well.

If you have a late car with double DIN and quadlock connector although if you have bose you may need to swap one pin in the plug. (5 to 7 IIRC)

You'll need the keys to remove your current unit.