S5 Centre Console & Armrest?

betty02

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Whilst I've been doing my research I have notice one or 2 people have fitted seats from the A5 into there 8P's both front and rear, I loved my armrest on my MK5 Golf GTi - however the ones for the A3 are not really the nicest of quality in my eyes - compared.

I was looking at an S5 interior on eBay and it came with the matching armrest and centre console which looks right up my street, I was wondering if anyone has managed to retrofit the armrest and console from this model into there 8P?

Or has it never been attempted? If not I may need to have a fiddle!!

For Reference -

A3 Armrest -

8p00611238e1__11704__46031_zoom.jpg

S5 Armrest -

8404_st0320_140.jpg

27900854.jpg

28882636.jpg

More digging around they don't look "too" far apart in all honesty, I guess the main issue would be mountain points!

A3 -

$(KGrHqFHJFQFH+3bLSKwBSFQgwpp3!~~60_12.JPG

A5 -

$(KGrHqF,!lMFGT8sWGiWBRuCsiMD2!~~60_12.JPG

I also understand that the A5/S5's have a shed loads of controls up front as below -

6971.jpg

However if you get the Q5 gear surround, or even the new A4 ones, these are all the same measurements and have a lot less stuff

$T2eC16hHJF8FFp0mFur9BR0J1Ow!7g~~60_12.JPG

It doesn't look too far off but would be a nice interior mod thats for sure!

I installed the USA centre console to my S3 - bit of a ***** to get parts for and fit but its 95% perfect.

The only fitting issues are in the passenger foot well where is juts out slightly due to heater pipes and you have to cut the ends as it is too long on the drivers side. It is in my build thread.

Wow does look nice, it's just the whole armrest thing with a gap underneath that I don't like, I much prefer a solid unit where it can be lifted, only issue I can see really having is the handbrake!

However I've decided to take the plunge, just ordered a spare A3 central console and ordering an A5 one this afternoon, that way I can "place them onto" of each other and see where holes need cutting for the handbrake and where mounting points need moving and plastic welding to etc!

The armrest on the a4/5 etc is integral of the console, unlike the 8P which is fitted to the car chassis bit a bracket/bolt, so its allot more work.

I have an S5 armrest here which I was going to mod to fit as the action of sliding back/forth to avoid the handbrake was my reasons for modding to it, but I may be buying a newer car with already fitted so haven't moved on this yet.

I have the same S5 interior, seats are very comfy if wired in properly to use.

Buying another A3 with it fitted? Exactly like my golf the top sliding was absolutely perfect, as you've said i's an integral part which is the thing I like about it.

Parts order will have a look/mess about, be nice to get the whole console in up to the ashtray! Anything can fit with modifications :D

Get my dremel out!

No will be an A4 B8.

I agree, anything can fit with modding, but its a much larger area where the gearstick is & allot of buttons were integrated around it, so it may obstruct the seats back/forth & the grab handles, good luck though.

Grab handles are my biggest concern, the buttons are not too much as the Q5 surround has a million less, obviously as you've said a lot to take into account! Should be fun though!