S5 Alloys on B8 2012 A4?

Akiriano

Reaction score
Hi All, so I have been to audi today to check that these alloys would be ok on my car. I was advised not to due to my car only being able to take up to 18 inch alloys. The technician explained to me the details covered on the diagram in the door. He explained that 19" would be too big for the car and would mess up the setup due to the MMI or onboard computer, such things as brakes and that the ABS light may come on the dashboard. I've included a photo of my car's diagram and also a link to the alloys that I am looking at, along with specifications. I understand that I need to use spacers if I get these alloys.

Current Wheel: 17" 225/55/17 ET40

3QKeZTdl.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-S5-G...134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463753e2be

Specs of new alloys: 19" 255/35/19 ET32

Thanks!

You wont need spacers at this ET, infact the opposite, ET 32 you will hit problems with rubbing on the arch as they sit further from the hub, are you lowering atall?
Standard height you might get away with it or with stretched tyres.

I run 10j on et 35 and they poke, i have extra camber to get the to tuck slightly when I air out but the rim touches the arch. Fit might be little different with 8.5j but you will still have an issue.

Last edited:
As far as I know,I think the s5 alloys are different offset to a4 wheels..
I've seen plenty of cars upgrade a few sizes up in wheels with no problem..actually going up in size is still the same rolling radius(only the wheel is bigger but the tires are thinner)

19s or even 20s are fine fyi, is just the offsets you need to watch, et 38 to et 42 is the range you want to look in for problem free wheels on a b8 a4. Plenty of wheels in that catagory :)

Went for some 19" rotor alloys instead at ET35, fit very snug :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 192
Good choice, looks fab :) How much they set you back in the end and did you go for reps?
I can vouch that et35 is tight on a 10 lowered! 8.5 should be ideal on et35. How much stretch you go or are you standard height?

Good choice, looks fab :) How much they set you back in the end and did you go for reps?
I can vouch that et35 is tight on a 10 lowered! 8.5 should be ideal on et35. How much stretch you go or are you standard height?

£850 with budget tyres, and yes reps mate but look the business. Still on standard height, may drop it a little, but nothing to give me any problems. Was thinking about getting s line suspension? Would that be a god idea?

Fair play looks good :)
Mine came with S-line suspension but it looked like a tractor still, i think there are 2 variations of the sline suspension and one is only a few mm lower.
All depends how much you want to spend and how low you go, You can pick up good lowering springs like H&R for a few hundred but the drops arent huge but they are good quality however you will still see some arch gap.
Or you can get coilovers so you can adjust the height how you want it when you fit, but the really good ones are about 2k!

I got my FK coilovers for £160+ post brand new (think they are 180 now) and had just set it lower than springs can offer with no arch gap, but not slammed and had minimal issue whilst it still looked great, only my drive touched which has a mound shape on the entrance but by no means an issue.

Actually selling my FK coilovers now for £75 as I am on Air ride now.

Your car will look great on them wheels lowered and no arch gap :)