S5 2012 dashboard bluetooth audio & sat nav upgrade

MikeS5

Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologies if this subject has been covered, I did a search but couldn't find the info I wanted. Wondered if someone more tech savvy could help me please? Can anyone recommend a solution, if there is one, to adding bluetooth audio support (specifically for Spotify / Android) that's controllable via the dash screen unit and a sat nav to my S5? It's starting to feel a bit dated now. Should I speak to Audi or go after market? Or not bother because it'll cost £1000+?

Appreciate any help or guidance, thanks.

Hi Mike

We can add BT streaming abilities, that's not an issue, control via head unit is questionable on the systems in use, but of course until we know what phone etc you use its hard to advise, but nav is an expensive upgrade for these cars, as its a unit upgrade, which head unit do you have to be sure of the discussion, is it a concert, symphony or chorus or proper MMI setup.

Hi Mike

We can add BT streaming abilities, that's not an issue, control via head unit is questionable on the systems in use, but of course until we know what phone etc you use its hard to advise, but nav is an expensive upgrade for these cars, as its a unit upgrade, which head unit do you have to be sure of the discussion, is it a concert, symphony or chorus or proper MMI setup.

It's the Concert unit with the MMI connection in the glove box. Happy to consider the Bluetooth only option too if it can be controllable via the unit. I use the MMI as an AUX in atm which isn't ideal. I have an Xperia Z3 atm but will be probably upgrading to a Samsung S6/7 in the next month or two when my contract is up. I have an iPhone 6 but it's a work phone so want to keep it Android ideally. Cheers.