S4 seats

Reaction score
I wanting to fit some s4 recaro's in my car ,they are from a facelift model and mines a pre facelift model with recaro's already fitted. Will these fit straight in ??. I did read on the forum that the airbag conectors will be different so how easy is it to get round it ??

Its just the airbag connectors that are different. You could bridge your connectors with a 5 ohm resistor to put the lights out. The seat airbags obviously will not work,but the rest of the system will.

Is there a way of getting the airbags conected as if i leave then disconected im bound to need them !!!

I don't think a 5 ohm resistor will do it. I've got a bunch of resistors from when I did mine as I had to buy 20 of them! Give me a shout if you need a couple.

Are your Recaros OEM? I thought the Audi Recaros only came fitted to Facelifts.

I was told they were recaro's when i bought the car but they might not be. They are the sports seats and as far as i know they are the original ones. If i can get the airbags to work i dont think i'll bother changing the seats though !!

if the seats dont have recaro stamped on them then they arnt recaro,s people call any seat with a bit of extra bolstering recaro,s which is not correct. as for the airbags, i managed to fit a 2004 s4 interior with front seat airbags in my b5 and a 2004 steering wheel/airbag all i did was change the connectors for the new type no probs at all

The seats i want to fit are the s4 cloth type which are identical shape to the one already fitted so wont be recaro's either. Will this mean the conectors will be the same ??

jase0851 said:
if the seats dont have recaro stamped on them then they arnt recaro,s people call any seat with a bit of extra bolstering recaro,s which is not correct. as for the airbags, i managed to fit a 2004 s4 interior with front seat airbags in my b5 and a 2004 steering wheel/airbag all i did was change the connectors for the new type no probs at all

Yes but you must have a face lift car if I'm correct?