S4 cab vs RS5 cab: opinions please.

S4cabriolet

Reaction score
Stupid question maybe, but...

My S4 B7: 75k miles, no start up rattle, would do some mods to it; brakes, exhaust, suspension, tidy up bodywork (see a previous post). Say £5k+ on a car worth £8k, (which I intended to keep for as long as possible).

RS5 on Autotrader: £70k miles, looks in very good condition. Cost to change £15k. (Might be able to do that assuming it would be available).

Thoughts?

I've got an s4 cab and have therefore always wished I had the rs4 cab. Always want the upgrade... You can obviously add quite a few of the rs4 interior bits to the s4. With the top down the s4 sounds lovely. I think the RS will hold value longer.
I may be looking to sell mine as now have number 2 baby on the way so totally not practical. PM me if interested in chatting more?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

two very different animals chap, not sure you can really compare them really.
I'd probably stick with the S4 B7 , but then i'm biased towards B7 anyway , but honestly chap other than the milage and both cab's they are miles apart , just my input but like all things down to personal choice.

Just Rob,
Please could you elucidate what you mean?
I bought the S4 after having an A4 V6.
I didn’t look at the RS4 B7 because I wanted an automatic.
The RS5 has an automatic box.

Just realized you have the s4 already. Didn't read properly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong chap, rs5 cab is great but not what I 'd compare your B7 s4 cab to really , but are we talking straight comparisons , spec -v- spec etc , or, what you would like to upgrade to in a cab format.
If transmission type is a key factor in your descision then that will be a deciding factor.
personally I prefer manual and would go from B7 S4 cab to an B7 RS4 cab , as I do like the B7 variant, but other choices may come into play.
what power plant is in the RS5 you mention and what year is it.

if it's this spec then still a V8 which is nice .

Upload 2019 1 4 17 59 41

If you are just looking for newer V8 cab with autobox then I can see your logic, its a nice old bus, but I wouldn't compare it to the B7 S4.

audi_rs4_cab_side_630x420.jpg

very nice and I can understand your logic as it does look very similar.
some good info aswell here , maybe have a look and beeter idea on pro's and cons.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/audi/rs5-2010/data/
has good info on the cab from 2012

They really spoil you with cupholders, maybe they're making up for just having one in the B7.