S4 Avant auto load cover has stopped retracting

TMP-Audi

Reaction score
S4 Avant auto load cover has stopped retracting - any ideas?

It happened when I refitted the Load cover after taking it out for a big box. The runners just seem stuck at the bottom.

Attachments

• 1ED57105-5310-43E9-B24D-756A2BDAB069.jpeg
    1ED57105-5310-43E9-B24D-756A2BDAB069.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
I've had a look at the runners on mine and there is a micro-switch on the inside of the runner rail just above where your stuck runners are located, are yours stuck in? I'm wondering if they are sensors to tell when the cover is raised. See if they can be released and see what happens.

I've had a look at the runners on mine and there is a micro-switch on the inside of the runner rail just above where your stuck runners are located, are yours stuck in? I'm wondering if they are sensors to tell when the cover is raised. See if they can be released and see what happens.

Have you got a pic? As could only see them indented by the runner?

Attachments

• 0FF78B85-3028-4384-899E-2C31DE3D0D25.jpeg
    0FF78B85-3028-4384-899E-2C31DE3D0D25.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
those are the ones, didn't realise they would be covered by the runner as I only saw mine when the load cover was retracted. Can you get a small screwdriver in there just to check they press in and spring back? Other than that, maybe check fuses and failing that a trip to the dealer. There doesn't appear to be any other sensors or latches that I could find that would stop it working.

The cover comes out, there is a release mechanism on the RHS. Take out & check if it runs ok. If it’s ok then it’s a track issue

Well, it all started working again a few days after posting....so much be some sort of gremlin, will take it in, if/when it does it again.

Thanks for the comments guys!