S3 wheel spacers

Matthaden

Reaction score
Hi ive just brought my 1st Audi and went for a 2010 S3 3 door (The irony in this is ive worked for an Audi dealer for 8years now) but by the by. Now i took delivery of my S3 on Saturday and started tinkering already i have ordered a Miltek cat back exhaust and have a nice set of RS3 brakes lined up!!! now i have seen plenty of different opinions on fitting the brakes with the standard face lift 18' wheels (not the black edition rotors) but i beleive i need to fit some wheel spacers to the front wheels. Is there any advice on the best width to use. I wanted to keep to the minimum width i can get away with as to not affect the handling to much. My S3 is not lowered and is completely standard at the moment.

Thanks again and sorry for probably starting an age old debate again

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but RS3 brakes don't fit the S3 do they? You need the TTRS ones, something to do with the offset of the hubs?

Someone off here fitted TTRS brakes behind facelift S3 wheels without spacers, sure he did it without them!

Im going to fit the calipers onto the hubs with the standard discs just to check clearance (i understand i cant drive like this) but obtaining some ttrs discs wont be difficult for me just nip round to parts but wanted to see if i needed to order anything first. im hoping not to because i dont necessarily want to alter the stance of the car to much from standard!!

Im going to fit the calipers onto the hubs with the standard discs just to check clearance (i understand i cant drive like this) but obtaining some ttrs discs wont be difficult for me just nip round to parts but wanted to see if i needed to order anything first. im hoping not to because i dont necessarily want to alter the stance of the car to much from standard!!

12MM spacers as a minimum from what has been said on here if i remember right. You will need TTRS disc's as the RS3 ones are slightly different and will require the RS3 hubs.

Right 12mm spacers it is then. Any recommendations on the best ones/best places to get them from?

Any hubcentric spacers should be fine, dont forget longer wheel bolts.

Are you aware of the issues with the RS3 / TTRS brakes squealing like a pig? Apparently need modified by Brembo to sort it....

Just a thought are the RS3 brakes a greater offset compared to the TTRS if so this would push the running line of the discs further away from the spokes but obviously out of line with the caliper but this difference could be made up by a spacer where the caliper carrier meets the hub???

Muzza80 i am more than aware of the squealing noise its not as annoying as the when customers start pecking my head about it though ;-) however i believe that with a small amount of mechanical sympathy this can be sorted i hope! if not i will get a pair of caliper out of the skip and start drilliing and tapping them until i can ft the balance weights the same as the modified ones.

Muzza80 i am more than aware of the squealing noise its not as annoying as the when customers start pecking my head about it though ;-) however i believe that with a small amount of mechanical sympathy this can be sorted i hope! if not i will get a pair of caliper out of the skip and start drilliing and tapping them until i can ft the balance weights the same as the modified ones.

Are they literally skipping the old calipers and discs??? Might have a moot around my local Audi lol

I read they replace the lot, calipers, discs and pads...?

99% of the kits are being returned to the manufacturer under warranty however we have had one set go over age so i know they are at the bottom of our metal skip all smashed up but i can still use the castings to find out where is safe to drill i think.

Hey dude, you got big power in the pipelines looking for RS3 brakes? Looking forward to see your progress.