S3 Stolen

DGF

Reaction score
Just wanted you guys to be aware that another S3 - mine - was stolen last week in a house raid in North London during the middle of the night. Don't want to give too much detail, it was nasty & they demanded we hand over the key that they couldn't find. My advice bolt down your doors, get a big dog, get CCTV & lights & a second hand Fiesta - we are shaken but thankfully all OK.

Sorry to hear this. Glad you are alright.

This is rife on the r forum also, they seem to be picking these off all over the uk at the moment. Scum bags. Hope your and your family were unharmed and ok! Take a while to get over the shock I'm sure.

Terrible news. Glad you are OK, that is the main thing. These things are luck and hit and miss. Even with a dog this could happen tbh, and most people cannot get one like myself.

These people are scum. The police really need take stronger action .
Same happened to my sister. They stole her motability car ( my brother in law is wheelchair bound)
My sister us fighting leukaemia right now.
These people have no idea , nor care about their victims and we need stronger sentences and better policing. This is organised crime.

Reactions: jimojameso and 4K
Awful news mate... gutted for you

After reading the other thread, I now park the wife's Mokka behind mine, to hide it. We're lucky to be in a private development too - otherwise I'd be having palpitations every night!

Hope the Police come up trumps for you. Do you have 'gap' insurance?

Sorry to hear this and glad you are ok. Although mine is garaged, I'm a bit paranoid. Live in a quiet road, and even went as far as driving past my house the other day as a car was behind me. No idea if these things just happen or are targeted. These scumbags should be locked up for a long time.

Taking a car off the street is one thing but forcing entry to your house and confronting you is just horrible. Am in North London also, not good news. Cars around here seem to be targeted but for parts. Porsche headlights seem popular for some reason.

I'm getting a big stick to keep next to the bed!

Reactions: tektrob
Crikey! scary story, but I'm glad to hear you are unhurt.

Where was your car parked, if you don't mind me asking. Drive, garage, road?

Time to get that hidden kill switch fitted!

Gutted for you, at least no one was injured or hurt.

As I have said before i am pleased I have a decent alarm, security lights, decent locks and CCtv to protect the family. If they want to lift the car on to a low loader and drive off with the alarm blaring they are welcome to do so but they dont get inside my house and threaten my family.

Damn! I've heard of home invasions but it's rare over here in the states let alone just to steal your car! Sheesh! Luckily, thanks to our constitution most of us have at least a semi-automatic pistol or a shotgun ready to go just incase. Hence, why it's so rare over here....

Reactions: tektrob and Snibo
Absolutely devastated for you... MET police are about as useful as a chocolate tea spoon too... best of luck to getting your car back!

sh*t hope you and the family are ok mate.

thieving bast**ds!!!! cant work for a living so have to steal other peoples hard earned belongings!

Can I ask.

Was the car on a driveway or on the road?
How many people come in the house demanding keys?
How big and did they have weapons?
Where they English, did they have a regional accent?

Reactions: cpc_s3
Glad you are ok. .....albeit shaken up obviously.
If it gives you any comfort, it's happened to plenty others of us. And what don't kill you will only make your stronger.

Only one question from me. What time of night was it? Bet it was an hour either side of 3am?

Note. People talking about keeping weapons. Please amend your posts.

I thought there was some good advice given in another thread, where the owners car was stolen in the same way, which was to have a house alarm with a "home arm / zone" feature so you can go about your normal business but have doors and windows alarmed etc. Never had it configured on my alarm but do now. Also with a wireless alarm, if the car is parked close to the house you could also put a PIR in the car in order to trigger a tamper alarm or something like that.

Is horrible to hear about these things happening, in my neck of the woods also. Good to see no one hurt but it's the way things are heading at the moment given the current financial climate.

Glad you are ok. .....albeit shaken up obviously.
If it gives you any comfort, it's happened to plenty others of us. And what don't kill you will only make your stronger.

Only one question from me. What time of night was it? Bet it was an hour either side of 3am?

Note. People talking about keeping weapons. Please amend your posts.

Correct.

sorry to hear fella, I notice you have advanced key and they still broke in to get your keys... I guess if they want something they will do whatever it takes, main thing is you and your family are okay.

So sorry to hear this, I'm glad you're OK. That must have been terrifying!

I hope they get caught and banged up for a very long time

Sorry to hear, especially as they violate your property and place you should feel safest. Glad none of you injured.

I know this is a car forum to so people more likely to share traumas but there does seem to be an apparent increase in forum posts of this happening, or at least occurrences being shared.

Really not good and terrible to hear.

Not wanting to be a nay sayer, but beware of the big stick by the bedside. This is intent to commit harm and cannot be argued as self defense. Really rubbish country we live in when someone can break in to your house, you defend yourself and then you could be sent to prison for GBH. :(

Seems common now . If it is parked on the drive they know which house to target. I understand some insurance companies will now charge more for parking on the drive rather than in the street because of this.
A real pain , and I think I would not want to see the car back...

Really not good and terrible to hear.

Not wanting to be a nay sayer, but beware of the big stick by the bedside. This is intent to commit harm and cannot be argued as self defense. Really rubbish country we live in when someone can break in to your house, you defend yourself and then you could be sent to prison for GBH. :(
Hardly. I'd like to see that being attempted to be argued in court. Having a baseball bat in your bedroom (or similar) could not be 'intent to commit harm'. It could just be a storage place for your favourite sporting item, and just so happened to be your tool for self defense if you might need it.

I agree with you on one point though.... This country's laws and views towards self defense are an absolute disgrace... We need to follow America's lead.

Reactions: G-S3
The law isn't so set against self-defence these days. Remember the Tony Martin case a few years ago.

Just a thought if I was a car thief I would be searching similar forums and to see where people are located etc is there a way to turn off locations or edit or stop asearch being done by none registered and verified members. Just me being para now!

Yep. Can remove your location in the settings.

As stated-

Big stick - why would you have that?
Baseball bat - you use it occassionally and it came to hand.

Admitting the former on an open Internet forum???

Just a thought if I was a car thief I would be searching similar forums and to see where people are located etc is there a way to turn off locations or edit or stop asearch being done by none registered and verified members. Just me being para now!

Yes, simple. Don't put your location in your personal profile lol. If you are talking about location services such as GPS and IP tracking that's another matter.

Back to my question if you don't mind answering?

Thanks

Back to my question if you don't mind answering?

Thanks

G-S3, Just interested in why you are asking those specific questions?
Any particular reason (you can disclose) or just interest?
I only ask because they are so specific.