S3 slave cylinder? Upgraded clutch

dg-1984

Reaction score
I have just ordered a sachs upgraded kit with Luk dmf and the Sachs slave cylinder but wondering if I should be fitting a Luk one.
What is the OEM one in a 2007 S3?

I may have read that there can be some issues with the Sachs one as its an all metal one and heats up unlike the plastic one.
What have people fitted when fitting the Sachs organic clutch kit and dmf?

Thanks

I never thought to look. I just handed it all to him and let him crack on.

Someone on here will pipe up soon and tell you everything you need to know.

Since mines been fitted (3 weeks) I've loved the feel of it so I'm sure you won't be disappointed

Reactions: dg-1984
I'd wait a day or 2 just incase I get told I'm wrong and get smashed by someone on here lol

I think it's fine. takes some getting used to though. at first I was surprised that once it bites it seems to just want to go but it doesn't take long to get used to. I'm always in traffic and never had any problems. it doesn't feel heavy so no problems there either

Sounds good did you take it easy with the organic plate for the first 500 miles?

Yeh I was told to take it steady for the first 300 miles or so but left it a little longer, not sure how many miles exactly your supposed to leave it but it seems fine

So does anyone know what issues there were with the different release bearings and if the sachs one is ok?
The sachs one came in the kit and have been told no issues with over 30+ kits been supplied.