s3 saloon facelift colour choice dilemma!

Daz4311

Reaction score
If the posted colour choices are true....I'm down to 2 colours....daytona grey or ara blue....and if I'm Totally honest...I'm not totally taken on either colour...reasons being...daytona is available on a lot of audis...so you see a lot...and I don't think of it as a sporty colour....more of a I'm getting old colour if you get my meaning..and ara blue....I think from pictures I've seen..looks like it might just be a bit to light a colour....I really wanted sepang again.....so at moment I'm either going to have to pick one of the above 2...or go for a special order colour...but don't fancy the real long wait....so I'm really torn what to do folks!

It sounds like you are not happy with either one of the two. Go for a special color. There is no reason to force yourself into a color that you don't really like.

I know after all the trouble of my s3 engine blowing up...then waiting for audi to agree to build me a new car...I find out I can't have the only colour I truly want...sepang blue

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Maybe know more in a few days at the Bejing motor show - hopefully lots of pics of the new colours.

Reactions: Simon L
I know after all the trouble of my s3 engine blowing up...then waiting for audi to agree to build me a new car...I find out I can't have the only colour I truly want...sepang blue

If you were aiming for the sepang blue then Ara Blue should be the choice out of the Ara Blue and Daytona Gray.

IMHO, Ara is essentially a lighter sepang with more sparkles and less purplish undertone.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I was hoping nardo grey may have been a choice, but maybe that will be reserved for the RS3 again. I think i will be in the same dilemma for the facelift. I was hoping to get sepang again or nardo......back to the drawing board.....don't really want to fork out 2k for a special order colour hmmmm

Daytona is a great colour....great depth ..easy to maintain..super in the sun...Ara looks great to me and if you were already thinking Sepang then Ara is perfect...as it is also blue!...looks good on the saloon (no doubt you've already seen the marketing vids).'more of a I'm getting old colour'...how very dare you lol...

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Daytona is a great colour....great depth ..easy to maintain..super in the sun...Ara looks great to me and if you were already thinking Sepang then Ara is perfect...as it is also blue!...looks good on the saloon (no doubt you've already seen the marketing vids).'more of a I'm getting old colour'...how very dare you lol...

Is the colour in the marketing video Ara? I thought Ara was reserved for the S3 only?

Here's a video of Ara blue, not to dissimilar to Sepang in my opinion.

Sepang was also my first and only colour of choice, so I was gutted to see that it wasn't being carried over to the facelift.

Really interested to see cosmic blue as well as from what I've seen that is very close to Sepang, but the examples I've seen are wraps so non conclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that the marketing video shows a Quattro s line in ara. They show whatever they consider looks the best to launch it into the world ... They can mix and match whatever models they like I guess .... Popped to Audi today and they are very close to having the colours to look at ... A awaiting game

Have you looked at the new A3/S3 gallery on the Audi website all Bar Ara blue are there for you to see OK they are just illustrations but it gives you an idea...l like the illustrations of the convertible colour it's a nice royal blue metallic

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I believe that the marketing video shows a Quattro s line in ara. They show whatever they consider looks the best to launch it into the world ... They can mix and match whatever models they like I guess .... Popped to Audi today and they are very close to having the colours to look at ... A awaiting game

You're obsessed with colours mate look at my post above,some cracking colours more varied than the current paint range go be a devil and take a gamble on Vegas lol

Now in that video...ara blue looks a bit darker thsn I have seen in some other video's

Lol. I know jassy. I was rather one telling the audi team today which colour was which. I think a comment about getting out more was mentioned ... A banana car .... nooooooooo wayyyyyyyy mannnnnn

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Lol. I know jassy. I was rather one telling the audi team today which colour was which. I think a comment about getting out more was mentioned ... A banana car .... nooooooooo wayyyyyyyy mannnnnn
Although I could give the rozzers the slip

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Now in that video...ara blue looks a bit darker thsn I have seen in some other video's
Daz Ara blue is...a very similar to Sprint Blue from the old 8P S3....GOOGLE IS YOUR IMAGE FRIEND

Here's a video of Ara blue, not to dissimilar to Sepang in my opinion.

Sepang was also my first and only colour of choice, so I was gutted to see that it wasn't being carried over to the facelift.

Really interested to see cosmic blue as well as from what I've seen that is very close to Sepang, but the examples I've seen are wraps so non conclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its miles away from Sepang Blue both in its tone and paint type

What you mean paint type buddy?

your Sepang is a pearlescent paint= 3 paints in one,Ara is 2 paints in one, but with larger glitter/speckles/fleck compared with a metallic paint which has a very small fleck

Reactions: Simon L
Cheers for that...I sort of understand know.....I would much prefer a blue car....but just gotta get that sepang purple hint out of my mind!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Cheers for that...I sort of understand know.....I would much prefer a blue car....but just gotta get that sepang purple hint out of my mind!

You could always pay Audi £2025 quid for the privilege of owning the one and only face lifted Sepang S3...LOL

Reactions: Simon L and Bristle Hound
I'm also in this exact situation!

Wanted sepang... Now if it's gone I'm torn between black (can't remember specific name), ara or daytona!

I'm also in this exact situation!

Wanted sepang... Now if it's gone I'm torn between black (can't remember specific name), ara or daytona!

In all honesty, l am sure Ara Blue will be a cracking colour on the A3...one thing Audi do better than any other German car maker is there paint colours

Reactions: pburv
Have you looked at the new A3/S3 gallery on the Audi website all Bar Ara blue are there for you to see OK they are just illustrations but it gives you an idea...l like the illustrations of the convertible colour it's a nice royal blue metallic
S3_Cabriolet.jpg
Yes please......:yum:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
your Sepang is a pearlescent paint= 3 paints in one,Ara is 2 paints in one, but with larger glitter/speckles/fleck compared with a metallic paint which has a very small fleck

TBH mate it's a shame Audi don't do more pearlescent paints in the £550 catagory (or whatever they charge for them now)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Nardo grey in Cardiff Audi

Reactions: pburv

Sooo if they are all there barring ara and there is another blue illustrated could that not be cosmic blue Could be a bad illustration of ara ( my phone won't show them ) Please. Let it be cosmic Please pleeeease

I m quite smitten with floret. Thanks for pointing that out jassy ... But cosmic could still be a winnaah

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hmmm. Looks like shiny primer. They'll have to flat that back with wet 'n' dry before they put the top colour coat on...
Just get Audi to give it a pre delivery polish that should sort it....:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
That illustrated blue although wont be accurate isn't Ara...so presumably it's cosmic...and does look pretty good.....howwwevvver....I reckon Scuba blue would have looked similar to that (illustration) and isn't such a knock out in reality (IMO)

That battleship grey ....the car still looks good...but honestly when and why would you ever chose that colour on anything !

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Simon L
having said that...if it is Cosmic then what's this?....whoooooooooooo knoooowwwwwwwws
A3_Saloon.jpg

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06