S3 saloon exhaust valves stuck open.

Speedychuck

Reaction score
Anybody suffered with their exhaust valves being stuck open? I’ve always thought the car sounded quite noisy even in confort.

stuck a borescope up the exhausts today to find out the butterfly valves are wide open.

switch drive select modes, you can hear the motors attempt to operate but the valves don’t move.

was looking at lifting the motors off and attempting to free the valves... anybody tried this before? or do I just send back in to the dealer under warranty?

If your car is still under warranty and you haven't coded anything on the valves I would just take it to the dealer. IMO it's better to let the dealer do the work rather than risking damaging something :)

If your car is still under warranty and you haven't coded anything on the valves I would just take it to the dealer. IMO it's better to let the dealer do the work rather than risking damaging something :)
Ok thank you. I wasn’t sure if they would try and class the exhaust as a wear and tear part. I’ll give the dealer a shout and let them have a look.

Your car from new, if not & it was always like this, maybe someone has purposely stuck them in position via whichever method.

Your car from new, if not & it was always like this, maybe someone has purposely stuck them in position via whichever method.

no not mine from new, but I’m doubtful the previous owner stuck them on purpose. I checked the launch counter on it and it had never been launched in its life. I think the previous owner was a lady that just used to poodle about in it.

I’m aware of coding out the motors, also unplugging them. Are there any other ways to disable them?

Warranty it if it's untampered or if unsure, try moving the flaps by hand to see if it's just stuck, both sounds unlikely but your choice.